• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cummings, Johnson and this whole shit show

Status
Not open for further replies.
No reason why she shouldn't - and then keep her motivations to herself ! Just stupid for an MP who swears an allegiance to the crown to then make happy public statements whilst the queen's consort is being buried. It is just in extraordinary bad taste and a poor use of the public platform she enjoys as an MP, which is why it shows a complete lack of talent and whit.
Bad taste to some, being honest to others.

And as for swearing an allegiance to Brenda, that is unfortunately a prerequisite of being able to sit in the HoP. Another anachronism that should be ditched as I suspect many Labour, SNP and other MPs simply do not agree with or believe the words that they are required to say.

Bad taste to some, being honest to others.

And as for swearing an allegiance to Brenda, that is unfortunately a prerequisite of being able to sit in the HoP. Another anachronism that should be ditched as I suspect many Labour, SNP and other MPs simply do not agree with or believe the words that they are required to say.
but not brave enough to say so - says it all

but not brave enough to say so - says it all
But the gun held to their head is that if they don’t ‘swear allegiance’ then they can’t take their place in Parliament, despite having been democratically elected by their electorate. This is why the elected SF MoP never took their seats.

So if opposition MPs didn’t follow this anachronistic requirement, the Tory majority would be even greater.

Really democratic that eh?

And you talk about Labour’s lack of talent?

Good grief, the Tories top man is this gibbering baboon.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

“Bunny hugging” FFS! Speaking on a world stage, looking like a drunk who has just woken up after a night on the lash.

Despite what his deluded, vain and arrogant mind might think, Churchill he most certainly isn’t...

? ?

And you talk about Labour’s lack of talent?

Good grief, the Tories top man is this gibbering baboon.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

“Bunny hugging” FFS! Speaking on a world stage, looking like a drunk who has just woken up after a night on the lash.

Despite what his deluded, vain and arrogant mind might think, Churchill he most certainly isn’t...

? ?

Churchill he isn't - but what credibility does Michael Moran have - he's just a jobbing journo looking for airtime

Churchill he isn't - but what credibility does Michael Moran have - he's just a jobbing journo looking for airtime
A bit like Boris was 15 years ago. A bit part player and acting the fool on HIGNFY. Not much has changed since

So have you ever asked yourself how he was ever elected as party leader? At least Kier Starmer has some gravitas, experience and knowledge behind him. Johnson is just a vainglorious, egotistical, buffoon.

So have you ever asked yourself how he was ever elected as party leader? At least Kier Starmer has some gravitas, experience and knowledge behind him. Johnson is just a vainglorious, egotistical, buffoon.
Starmer former Director of Public Prosecutions, a Barrister by profession.

Johnson sacked ex Hack and this

1619130429026.jpeg

As Churchill once said: “Never in the field of human conflict have I ever hugged a bunny.”

Starmer may be all those things - but it doesn't make him a good leader - and he is as dull as ditch water. Which ever way you cut it, Boris's popularity and poll ratings puts him way in front of Starmer, so ask yourself why that is.

I contend that most people in this country took a close look at Corbyn, decided that Boris with all his faults was the least worst option and put him in office. Starmer should be able to overturn that deficit, but after an initial bounce Labour have now gone backwards. Again ask yourself why that is.

Consistently in prime time news and politics shows, Labour fail to present real cogent alternative solutions and policies. They fail to inspire, they don't present present real alternative leadership. They fail to present realistic examples, argument and dialogue that explains why people should turn towards Labour across the UK, including in Scotland. They play the same old cards again and again. It's just tiresome and people are turning them off and walking away in droves. If Starmer doesn't hold Hartlepool I think he is done for. If Labour cannot win a mid-term election in the middle of a pandemic, the chances of them winning another General Election any time soon are at best very slim.

Starmer may be all those things - but it doesn't make him a good leader - and he is as dull as ditch water. Which ever way you cut it, Boris's popularity and poll ratings puts him way in front of Starmer, so ask yourself why that is.

I contend that most people in this country took a close look at Corbyn, decided that Boris with all his faults was the least worst option and put him in office. Starmer should be able to overturn that deficit, but after an initial bounce Labour have now gone backwards. Again ask yourself why that is.

Consistently in prime time news and politics shows, Labour fail to present real cogent alternative solutions and policies. They fail to inspire, they don't present present real alternative leadership. They fail to present realistic examples, argument and dialogue that explains why people should turn towards Labour across the UK, including in Scotland. They play the same old cards again and again. It's just tiresome and people are turning them off and walking away in droves. If Starmer doesn't hold Hartlepool I think he is done for. If Labour cannot win a mid-term election in the middle of a pandemic, the chances of them winning another General Election any time soon are at best very slim.
“decided that Boris with all his faults was the least worst option.”

And I think that tells us ALL, whatever out political leanings, about the paucity of real talent and leadership in U.K. politics today - bar Nicola Sturgeon I would argue.

Oh for someone with the calibre of Tony Blair!

“decided that Boris with all his faults was the least worst option.”

And I think that tells us ALL, whatever out political leanings, about the paucity of real talent and leadership in U.K. politics today - bar Nicola Sturgeon I would argue.

Oh for someone with the calibre of Tony Blair!
Sturgeon's examination is about to up a gear or two - and at that point no doubt her shortcomings will be ruthlessly exposed. Her adherence to independence at any cost and her failure to recognise that Scotland would be a basket case outside of the UK will be her undoing. If Brexit was a difficult task after 50 years, it should be at least a warning that to break out of the UK with shared currency (and debts) will prove to be a much more excruciating task.

Sturgeon's examination is about to up a gear or two - and at that point no doubt her shortcomings will be ruthlessly exposed. Her adherence to independence at any cost and her failure to recognise that Scotland would be a basket case outside of the UK will be her undoing. If Brexit was a difficult task after 50 years, it should be at least a warning that to break out of the UK with shared currency (and debts) will prove to be a much more excruciating task.
Yes, it's very nice of us to share our debts with Scotland.

They are their debts too - delivering vaccines to free Scotland from covid as an example
But the Tory government in Westminster has increased borrowing by 300 bn pounds presumably to cover amongst other things, exiting the EU, spaffing money on test and trace and PPE.

I agree with you re any divorce between the two countries will make Brexit look like a picnic.

But if the Scots want to go there own way then that is their choice. It would be strange for ardent Brexiteers to be so vehemently against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back