• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cummings, Johnson and this whole shit show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief, is that really the best you can do? A (fair and interesting ) article that mainly recalls the events in one Labour run council 35 years ago and an article that is now nearly 5 years old.....
There's tons of it James. If you think I am wrong then educate me......

Who does he think he is? Top Gun?

Embarrassing and pathetic

View attachment 2147
Seem to remember that Maggie Thatcher wearing a tank driving outfit became an iconic photograph

I don't think it does any harm for any politician to be seen identifying with the armed forces. I don't think anyone could see Boris as a member of the regiment, but they probably do recognise the influence he can exert over their well being and the armed services have along history of making politicians welcome amongst their ranks.

I know you don’t like him, but getting upset by what he’s wearing is a bit much, no?
Far from getting upset, I just think that it is utterly pathetic. Trying to follow in the example for George W Bush, like he’s part of the team.

Far from getting upset, I just think that it is utterly pathetic. Trying to follow in the example for George W Bush, like he’s part of the team.
???
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

you seem to be getting pretty riled up by a fleece

And Labour MP Valerie Vaz goes on the Daily Politics show to claim that although Boris was in an ICU, he really wasn't that poorly. So would it be in the PM's gift to voluntarily admit himself to an ICU if he wasn't unwell enough to justify taking that space? Would it heck as like !!

Labour supporters out there must have their heads in their hands in despair ! Why on earth go down this route and bring discredit to the party for absolutely no gain whatsoever. You couldn't make it up !!

And Labour MP Valerie Vaz goes on the Daily Politics show to claim that although Boris was in an ICU, he really wasn't that poorly. So would it be in the PM's gift to voluntarily admit himself to an ICU if he wasn't unwell enough to justify taking that space? Would it heck as like !!

Labour supporters out there must have their heads in their hands in despair ! Why on earth go down this route and bring discredit to the party for absolutely no gain whatsoever. You couldn't make it up !!

There is a sizeable part of the Labour Party that are pretty keen on conspiracy theories, and rhetoric of that tone.

Every party of course has them, but through momentum Labours seem pretty front and centre

And No.10 are denying that herd immunity was never their plan - despite it being reported by a lot of the media at the time.

As long as politicians, on all sides, are not called out for lies then things will just get worse.

By highlighting their lack of ability, it really shows how bad Labours front bench is... That’s the overriding issue here.

Strong opposition makes a strong government, a pathetic opposition makes for a sloppy government.
I think that the overriding issue is that we have got a government who are self-serving, corrupt, elitist and, as Liz ‘Cheesy’ Truss yet again demonstrated, as thick as pig shit.

I think that the overriding issue is that we have got a government who are self-serving, corrupt, elitist and, as Liz ‘Cheesy’ Truss yet again demonstrated, as thick as pig shit.

You keep throwing these accusations James, but it's all falling very flat. I listened to that interview and Liz truss did very well answering difficult questions about the impact of free trade agreements on the British farming industry (that it must be remembered overwhelmingly voted to remain the in the clutches of the CAP with all its fail safe guarantees)

It all comes across as very desperate at a time when the country is emerging from the pandemic and the economy is picking up far quicker than in the EU which is probably why the 5m EU nationals now living here have applied for settled status

I think the overriding issue of why Labour are still behind the government you detest so much is quite simple really. Liz Truss is a good example. She’s signed about 100 trade deals in the last year or so.

If Labour had won in 2019, they’d have signed none and would just still be bickering about Brexit.

They’re not a credible opposition at the moment, let alone a government in waiting. They seem happy to be a glorified protest party.

Id love for their to be a better Labour Party, be nice to have more than the Tories or Lib Dem’s to choose to vote from.

You keep throwing these accusations James, but it's all falling very flat. I listened to that interview and Liz truss did very well answering difficult questions about the impact of free trade agreements on the British farming industry (that it must be remembered overwhelmingly voted to remain the in the clutches of the CAP with all its fail safe guarantees)

It all comes across as very desperate at a time when the country is emerging from the pandemic and the economy is picking up far quicker than in the EU which is probably why the 5m EU nationals now living here have applied for settled status
I think that the 5m EU nationals who have applied for settled status have had to as otherwise they face the threat of being kicked out by the bully Patel, despite the majority having lived here for years, raised families, establishing businesses, paid taxes, worked hard etc.

I think that the 5m EU nationals who have applied for settled status have had to as otherwise they face the threat of being kicked out by the bully Patel, despite the majority having lived here for years, raised families, establishing businesses, paid taxes, worked hard etc.
Oh you mean like those British expats in the EU?

They could still have returned home..................

I watched about half an hour of Cummings this morning. Thought he was very calm and convincing. Very scathing about Matt Hancock. Some interesting quotes in this from the i. - inews.co.uk/news/politics/best-quotes-withering-put-downs-dominic-cummings-select-committee-evidence-1020694

I watched about half an hour of Cummings this morning. Thought he was very calm and convincing. Very scathing about Matt Hancock. Some interesting quotes in this from the i. - inews.co.uk/news/politics/best-quotes-withering-put-downs-dominic-cummings-select-committee-evidence-1020694
I think that his most telling comment was when asked if he thought Mr Johnson was the best person to lead the country through Covid, he replied: "No."

But some still support this lazy, egotistical liar.....

I think that his most telling comment was when asked if he thought Mr Johnson was the best person to lead the country through Covid, he replied: "No."

But some still support this lazy, egotistical liar.....
My enemy’s enemy is not my friend. And Cummings is still a snivelling little shit. But that doesn’t mean I’m not enjoying him confirming what many of us believed to be true.

It is a pity that others can’t see what we’ve been saying for over the last 12 months or more. And this is that this PM is simply not up to it and his actions- or inactions- has directly resulted in the needless deaths of thousands of our fellow citizens. ??

My enemy’s enemy is not my friend. And Cummings is still a snivelling little shit. But that doesn’t mean I’m not enjoying him confirming what many of us believed to be true.

It is a pity that others can’t see what we’ve been saying for over the last 12 months or more. And this is that this PM is simply not up to it and his actions- or inactions- has directly resulted in the needless deaths of thousands of our fellow citizens. ??

It is difficult to know how much is a really true reflection of what has transpired and how much has been driven by a seething contempt for those that he (Cummings) once willingly worked for. The question I would be asking Cummings is why, given that he thought the way he did, he didn't resign at the earliest opportunity last summer and face the press at that time? Why wait until he was in effect sacked to come forward with all his thoughts?

There is no doubt that the trashing he has delivered to Boris and Hancock will take some time to recover from, if ever they do, but Cummings has destroyed himself in the process

So you’ve spent the last 3 years saying Cummings is a compulsive liar, but not suddenly believe everything he says?

So you’ve spent the last 3 years saying Cummings is a compulsive liar, but not suddenly believe everything he says?
This is where we get back to when is it a lie versus someone's version of the truth? Cummings had a reputation for being the sharpest pencil in the box, clear thinking, abrasive, saying what he thinks, not holding back and so on. So, if the administration he was part of was so incompetent, what did he do about it !

Mistakes were made, of that there has never been any doubt, but is Cummings' view a true balance of what the issues were, the proposed actions and the evaluation of the consequences (of say lockdowns), or just a delivery of Cummings' version of vengeance ?

For all those who derided him in office, lauding his evidence because it fits with the story they want to tell is now rather incongruous in my view. Only a full and balanced enquiry will tell us what we really need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back