• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cummings, Johnson and this whole shit show

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think any party is better or worse than any other for that sort of stuff you are absolutely kidding yourself

You’ve got the likes of Keith Vaz in the Labour Party, and in the SNP no one seems capable of keeping their hands to themselves.

We get that you hate the Tories, but they’re no worse than anyone else in the commons
Are you kidding?

PPE disaster, T&T disaster, cronyism, school meals, eat out to kill people, Jenrick and Desmond, Jenrick and Berry marking their own homework, Schools disaster, Cummings, Patel, never mind Johnson and his American mistress, lies, lies and more lies from him, Gove et al, Brexit shambles (including lots of lies about the U.K. fishing industry).

And that is just on the last 12 months!

Never in my 56 years on this earth - and the last 38 when I can consider myself to be an educated, rational person have I ever come across a government as incompetent, elitist, corrupt, arrogant, self-serving, dictatorial and utterly indecent as this one.

And if you don’t agree with my view, then tell me of another that you think is worse and why.

If you think any party is better or worse than any other for that sort of stuff you are absolutely kidding yourself

You’ve got the likes of Keith Vaz in the Labour Party, and in the SNP no one seems capable of keeping their hands to themselves.

We get that you hate the Tories, but they’re no worse than anyone else in the commons
Still no view on how well or otherwise has kept the the 7 principles set out by Nolan?

Of course, he can be forgiven shagging his current mistress / fiancé whilst his then wife was having treatment for cancer cos that ain’t specifically in the 7 principles is it?

Oh, and let’s not forget he was also shagging his American mistress - she of the dodgy payments - whilst he was Mayor of London, a time during which he spaffed £Ms on another flight of fancy (the garden bridge) whilst Budgets to maintain existing bridges were massively cut, Boris Island airport (Which was situated in one of the most populous areas for wintering birds in the SE of England - another genius idea) and illegal Water Cannon!

Good old Boris eh!? ???

The jean in the video is very much a Bigot. Well handled by Lammy.

On your other point, if the left want to win elections again, they need to take a look at themselves and stop blaming everyone else.
Boris Johnson "How do we get a report to state there isn't institutional racism in Britain so we look good?" Dominic Cummings "Appoint someone as it's author who has already said there isn't institutional racism in Britain, I know - Tony Sewell"

Are you kidding?

PPE disaster, T&T disaster, cronyism, school meals, eat out to kill people, Jenrick and Desmond, Jenrick and Berry marking their own homework, Schools disaster, Cummings, Patel, never mind Johnson and his American mistress, lies, lies and more lies from him, Gove et al, Brexit shambles (including lots of lies about the U.K. fishing industry).

Never in my 56 years on this earth - and the last 38 when I can consider myself to be an educated, rational person have I ever come across a government as incompetent, elitist, corrupt, arrogant, self-serving, dictatorial and utterly indecent as this one.

And if you don’t agree with my view, then tell me of another that you think is worse and why.

They’re in government. Other parties don’t have the same decisions to make as they do.

Look at the previous Labour government and Blair’s cronies, corruptions, illegal wars, selling the Gold at a record low that we still feel the effects of now.

So incompetence isn’t unique to this government...

Oh, and let’s not forget he was also shagging his American mistress

What has the fact she is American got to do with it, James? ?

The only thing remotely interesting about this story is how the bloody hell does a man who looks like a caricature of himself manage to have so many affairs?

Are you kidding?

You really think so James?

So when was the last government that had to deal with a pandemic? It has become the norm for Labour to bang on about government failures and shortcomings - but the reality is now that We are self sufficient in PPE and the Testing systems are the best in Europe. The vaccination programme is amongst the best in the world and a whole new vaccination industry is being built to make us self sufficient and outside the influences of the rabid EU. Brexit has been delivered and we are out of the EU as promised, the pound is raising, house prices are stable, the FTSE hasn't collapsed and all the trade deals which folks said won't happen are in place.

All this under the microscope of 24 hour news, where every move and action is relentlessly pulled apart. What other government has had to operate under such conditions.

As Andy highlights, the last Blair government completely blew its legacy with taking us into unnecessary wars, with all the inordinate expense and loss of life that entailed.

I think the left are facing a real dilemma. They have now invested so much time and effort into creating the plethora of noise to denounce the government on every level, that people have stopped listening. What people see is a government that is working to get us out of the pandemic, has worked to deliver a world class vaccination programme, has overcome PPE and test issues, has supported millions of people through furlough and business support, has delivered Brexit whilst making the EU look ****s, has stayed calm under pressure and provided a steady hand - and is moving further away in the polls.

If you really want people to take the left seriously, you need to play a new record that goes beyond inciting those who already believe the message and would have elected Corbyn. The reality is that most people are sick of the same old stuff, wherever everyone right of centre is branded a liar and miscreant. That's not what people are seeing with their own eyes and ranting about Boris getting his leg over isn't going to win the next election for Labour.

You really think so James?

So when was the last government that had to deal with a pandemic? It has become the norm for Labour to bang on about government failures and shortcomings - but the reality is now that We are self sufficient in PPE and the Testing systems are the best in Europe. The vaccination programme is amongst the best in the world and a whole new vaccination industry is being built to make us self sufficient and outside the influences of the rabid EU. Brexit has been delivered and we are out of the EU as promised, the pound is raising, house prices are stable, the FTSE hasn't collapsed and all the trade deals which folks said won't happen are in place.

All this under the microscope of 24 hour news, where every move and action is relentlessly pulled apart. What other government has had to operate under such conditions.

As Andy highlights, the last Blair government completely blew its legacy with taking us into unnecessary wars, with all the inordinate expense and loss of life that entailed.

I think the left are facing a real dilemma. They have now invested so much time and effort into creating the plethora of noise to denounce the government on every level, that people have stopped listening. What people see is a government that is working to get us out of the pandemic, has worked to deliver a world class vaccination programme, has overcome PPE and test issues, has supported millions of people through furlough and business support, has delivered Brexit whilst making the EU look ****s, has stayed calm under pressure and provided a steady hand - and is moving further away in the polls.

If you really want people to take the left seriously, you need to play a new record that goes beyond inciting those who already believe the message and would have elected Corbyn. The reality is that most people are sick of the same old stuff, wherever everyone right of centre is branded a liar and miscreant. That's not what people are seeing with their own eyes and ranting about Boris getting his leg over isn't going to win the next election for Labour.
Oh I can tell you Knutsfordian plenty of people are seeing this government for exactly what it is. And your tacit - or rather overt - support for it tells me a great deal.....

Oh I can tell you Knutsfordian plenty of people are seeing this government for exactly what it is. And your tacit - or rather overt - support for it tells me a great deal.....

Are you sure? Maybe on areas of social media you find yourself on, but when you look at Opinion polls, they’re 10 points ahead on the polls still.

Another example of what twitter is outraged about being different to what the real world is interested in?

What has the fact she is American got to do with it, James? ?

The only thing remotely interesting about this story is how the bloody hell does a man who looks like a caricature of himself manage to have so many affairs?
On that point we fully agree Andy. I am not female (as anyone who has seen me will readily testify ?) and I have long given up trying to understand women ?, but I find it utterly incomprehensible what aspect of Johnson any woman would find attractive - unless, of course, they had a strange Worzel Gummidge like fetish ???

Are you sure? Maybe on areas of social media you find yourself on, but when you look at Opinion polls, they’re 10 points ahead on the polls still.

Another example of what twitter is outraged about being different to what the real world is interested in?
Once again, the true face of the Nasty Party exposes itself.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It says a great deal that such a senior Tory figure would suggest that people would put their own life and health at serious jeopardy for £500!

I wish that I could say that this was unbelievable - but given the many events of the last 12 months it is pretty much par for the course ??

Yep there are such people James, but they are the same old crew who are battering every forum with their left wing views and adding nothing to getting anything resolved. My point is that people outside of that circle are turning off in droves. They have stopped listening, because there are more important issues directly affecting them. Overall at the moment there are some huge political issues vying for airtime (in no particular order) - Pandemic generally, vaccinations in particular, Report on racism, Policing Bill, violence towards women, Brexit and the behaviours of the EU, public sector pay, educational deficit,, Trade agreements and corruption by the BBC to name but a few. In this deafening wall of noise Labour want to keep banging on about politicians who can't behave themselves. It is just not registering. People are not listening. Andrew Castle on LBC this morning was saying pretty much the same thing about the Racism report. Unless people can come out with a very specific issue (my words not his), it is being lost in the general melee of people now knowing what they want. This thread is the same

They’re in government. Other parties don’t have the same decisions to make as they do.

Look at the previous Labour government and Blair’s cronies, corruptions, illegal wars, selling the Gold at a record low that we still feel the effects of now.

So incompetence isn’t unique to this government...
Massive investment in schools, hospitals, transport, establishment of sure-start centres, best standard of living and health for decades - I could go on - so yes, the last Labour government were useless weren’t they?

Still no view on how well or otherwise has kept the the 7 principles set out by Nolan?

Of course, he can be forgiven shagging his current mistress / fiancé whilst his then wife was having treatment for cancer cos that ain’t specifically in the 7 principles is it?

Oh, and let’s not forget he was also shagging his American mistress - she of the dodgy payments - whilst he was Mayor of London, a time during which he spaffed £Ms on another flight of fancy (the garden bridge) whilst Budgets to maintain existing bridges were massively cut, Boris Island airport (Which was situated in one of the most populous areas for wintering birds in the SE of England - another genius idea) and illegal Water Cannon!

Good old Boris eh!? ???
Can you imagine what the reaction would be on the usual right-wing rags if it was a Labour PM who was behaving like an oversexed teenager and they were spaffing £Ms on dodgy contracts? Pretty sure that the story in the Mail would run to several pages...?

Massive investment in schools, hospitals, transport, establishment of sure-start centres, best standard of living and health for decades - I could go on - so yes, the last Labour government were useless weren’t they?

Yes, like every government, things were done well, and things were done very badly. Just like this government. It’s hardly a surprise.

Yes - because the money ran out. Why is open to debate, but they didn't have any contingencies.

Can you imagine what the reaction would be on the usual right-wing rags if it was a Labour PM who was behaving like an oversexed teenager and they were spaffing £Ms on dodgy contracts? Pretty sure that the story in the Mail would run to several pages...?
Yes your not wrong - but in the current climate it doesn't make the front page - there's too much other stuff to worry about and it it isn't THE most important issue that Labour should spend all its kudos on. They are backing the wrong horses !

Reality is, Blair is one of the most hated PMs ever. Surely that can’t be classed a success. Fair more hated than Johnson.

Yes - because the money ran out. Why is open to debate, but they didn't have any contingencies.
Indeed, the money did ‘run out’. Due to a catastrophic collapse in the global financial system thanks mainly to US banks lending $Ms to Cletus and Pollyanna who hadn’t the wherewithal to repay what that they had borrowed.

I could well have missed it, but I can’t recall Posh Dave or Gideon calling for greater regulation and control over financial services when Labour were in power??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back