• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cummings, Johnson and this whole shit show

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about flying the flag over food banks aswell?
Well given that food banks only arrived in the UK circa the year 2000, makes you wonder what poor people did before then ? Because despite the fact that some would have you believe the rise of food banks is directly related to recent austerity, I can tell you from personal experience that poverty in the 1950's and 60's on local authority housing estates was as bad as it gets.

So if you want to fly a flag over food banks to celebrate the generosity of those that make it happen - feel free !

Well given that food banks only arrived in the UK circa the year 2000, makes you wonder what poor people did before then ? Because despite the fact that some would have you believe the rise of food banks is directly related to recent austerity, I can tell you from personal experience that poverty in the 1950's and 60's on local authority housing estates was as bad as it gets.

So if you want to fly a flag over food banks to celebrate the generosity of those that make it happen - feel free !
Oh well, as it's based on your own experience and not on any basis of evidence, it must be true.

I just thought it would give you flag shaggers something to cream your pants over.

Oh well, as it's based on your own experience and not on any basis of evidence, it must be true.

I just thought it would give you flag shaggers something to cream your pants over.

and your basis of evidence is what? That there weren't any food banks before year 2000 so there couldn't have been poverty?

And again the descent into puerile abuse does your cause no favours and just makes you look look foolish.

There isn't a country that doesn't have poverty. Doesn't make it right, but we spend a huge amount of money supporting the less well off in our country. Some think not enough, but it's marginal and most people think its about right or the government would not be elected. So reducing the debate to insults seems all you can do

and your basis of evidence is what? That there weren't any food banks before year 2000 so there couldn't have been poverty?

And again the descent into puerile abuse does your cause no favours and just makes you look look foolish.

There isn't a country that doesn't have poverty. Doesn't make it right, but we spend a huge amount of money supporting the less well off in our country. Some think not enough, but it's marginal and most people think its about right or the government would not be elected. So reducing the debate to insults seems all you can do
I find myself on the strange situation of being the voice of reason here!

I too was brought up on a Northwich council estate in the 60’s and 70’s and although us kids had a fabulous mum and dad who worked incredibly hard to ensure that we had a wonderful childhood - despite money always being tight.

But I was always aware that we were in some how ‘lucky’ to be in such a position. For many of my peers it was not a case that their parents didn’t care for them or didn’t look after them (although for a few this was true).

But for me what makes today hugely different from then is the massive disparity between the ‘haves’ and ‘have nots’

I watched an ITV news article earlier this week about the conditions that some tenants in Croydon were having to live in. Fully agree that Croydon council is a hugely dysfunctional former Labour administration that has been guilty of huge maladministration but irrespective of this people should not be living in such squalid and unsafe conditions in 2021.

This is not entirely the fault of the current government but the massive, unprecedented cuts that they have made to LA budgets since 2010 are now coming home to roost, in terms of decrepit housing, crumbling infrastructure and child and adult care systems that are on their arses - never mind the cuts to the Police, armed forces et al

So we bring in sweeping powers that savagely affect all our liberties due to the actions of one group?
I recall similar disregard and disruption being caused by the pro hunting cabal when Labour were pushing through legislation to restrict the hunting of wild animals

I wonder if these demonstrations had occurred now whether the bully Patel would be championing such draconian measures? ?
I am totally opposed to violent protest. But a Government that undermines Parliament, ignores Electoral law, threatens voter suppression and the judiciary and plans to criminalise peaceful protest leaves dissenters with few places to go.

Affordable:

£37bn on failed test&trace, £??? bn on crony contracts for dodgy PPE, £2.6m for a media room, £9.6m for unused Nightingale "hospitals", £340K hush money re Patel bullying, £250K to defend Hancock's law breaking, £400k to paint a plane, £20M to carry out a ‘feasibility study’ into another Johnson vanity project

Unaffordable: Above inflation Pay rise for NHS
More £ spaffed by this dreadful government.

A double whammy too as the reductions in emissions that this initiative would have brought about will now not be realised

A double whammy too as the reductions in emissions that this initiative would have brought about will now not be realised
It’s not like our NHS have got better things to do at present or money to spend on other important issues - like an above inflation pay rise?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

While his wife was having cancer treatment, Johnson had an affair, wrongly handed public funds to mistress, falsely said he was visiting her for IT lessons, lied about the affair, lied about the money, and then lied about lying about all of it.

But still Knutsfordian defends the indefensible.....

While his wife was having cancer treatment, Johnson had an affair, wrongly handed public funds to mistress, falsely said he was visiting her for IT lessons, lied about the affair, lied about the money, and then lied about lying about all of it.

Can't remember ever having defended the scenario as James describes, but the electorate obviously didn't hold it against Boris (or perhaps they just distrusted Corbyn so much that Boris was better at any price). In any event the problem that Labour have is that they are unable to field a leader with policies that appeal to the electorate, so despite personal past misbehaviours Boris is sitting in 10 Downing Street with Labour still trailing in the polls. If I was you James I would be venting my ire at the opposition parties for being so bloody useless

Can't remember ever having defended the scenario as James describes, but the electorate obviously didn't hold it against Boris (or perhaps they just distrusted Corbyn so much that Boris was better at any price). In any event the problem that Labour have is that they are unable to field a leader with policies that appeal to the electorate, so despite personal past misbehaviours Boris is sitting in 10 Downing Street with Labour still trailing in the polls. If I was you James I would be venting my ire at the opposition parties for being so bloody useless
The reason that a progressive, left wing party hasn’t been able to persuade the majority of the U.K. public to back it is pretty much down to Daily Mail reading bigots like Jean.

David Lammy deserves a medal for not descending to her

lehttps://mobile.twitter.com/davemacladd/status/1376597628704686091vel.

The jean in the video is very much a Bigot. Well handled by Lammy.

On your other point, if the left want to win elections again, they need to take a look at themselves and stop blaming everyone else.

Ok Knutsfordian. A simple question to which I’m looking for a simple answer. Do you think that Johnson is honest, decent man or an inveterate liar?

Here is some evidence (only a small amount of that which is freely available) that you may wish to use when making your decision.

Ok Knutsfordian. A simple question to which I’m looking for a simple answer. Do you think that Johnson is honest, decent man or an inveterate liar?

Here is some evidence (only a small amount of that which is freely available) that you may wish to use when making your decision.

There's no doubt that Boris's personal life is a bit colourful to say the least, but if we disbarred every Politician, Lord or Aristocrat who had lied to and cheated on his wife, Westminster would be nearly empty. Doesn't make it right, it's not what all men and women do to each other, thank goodness, but it happens.

The bigger question is this. This is old, old news. People knew about this at the last election and despite the Left pressing the "Boris is a liar" button as frequently and hard as they can, Boris is still ahead in the polls and stretching away. Why? Brecause people do not care. They just want the pandemic over and life back to normal - and Labour have nothing to offer.

There's no doubt that Boris's personal life is a bit colourful to say the least, but if we disbarred every Politician, Lord or Aristocrat who had lied to and cheated on his wife, Westminster would be nearly empty. Doesn't make it right, it's not what all men and women do to each other, thank goodness, but it happens.

The bigger question is this. This is old, old news. People knew about this at the last election and despite the Left pressing the "Boris is a liar" button as frequently and hard as they can, Boris is still ahead in the polls and stretching away. Why? Brecause people do not care. They just want the pandemic over and life back to normal - and Labour have nothing to offer.
“but if we disbarred every Politician, Lord or Aristocrat who had lied to and cheated on his wife, Westminster would be nearly empty.”

And that, for me, says it all about the current state of politics, particularly when it comes to the Tories.

Name me one senior Tory who hasn’t been found to be a liar, been involved in some sort of dodgy deals, shagged, bullied or molested someone.

she was given numerous chances to condemn the violence and refused every time. Just shows why Labour will not be elected
I’m fully aware that you will say that this article is biased given its author, but don’t you find it odd that the initial reports re the police ‘injuries’ are somewhat at odds to those reported by the local NHS?

And again just today we have two wholly divergent views re police behaviour at last weeks vigil at Clapham Common.

Yet another step towards a nationalistic, authoritarian state?

You may scoff, but this is how things started off in Hungary and Turkey. Increasing control of the police, media and judiciary.

We have many warnings from
history in this respect..

I’m fully aware that you will say that this article is biased given its author, but don’t you find it odd that the initial reports re the police ‘injuries’ are somewhat at odds to those reported by the local NHS?

And again just today we have two wholly divergent views re police behaviour at last weeks vigil at Clapham Common.

Yet another step towards a nationalistic, authoritarian state?

You may scoff, but this is how things started off in Hungary and Turkey. Increasing control of the police, media and judiciary.

We have many warnings from
history in this respect..
I’ll even post the article this time round! ???

“but if we disbarred every Politician, Lord or Aristocrat who had lied to and cheated on his wife, Westminster would be nearly empty.”

And that, for me, says it all about the current state of politics, particularly when it comes to the Tories.

Name me one senior Tory who hasn’t been found to be a liar, been involved in some sort of dodgy deals, shagged, bullied or molested someone.
I’ll just leave this here so people can draw their own conclusions regarding the honesty and conduct of this government.

1617174732322.jpeg

And that, for me, says it all about the current state of politics, particularly when it comes to the Tories

If you think any party is better or worse than any other for that sort of stuff you are absolutely kidding yourself

You’ve got the likes of Keith Vaz in the Labour Party, and in the SNP no one seems capable of keeping their hands to themselves.

We get that you hate the Tories, but they’re no worse than anyone else in the commons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back