• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cummings, Johnson and this whole shit show

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the Extinction Rebellion protestors show no remorse for the disruption they cause, that results in this legislation. So don't blame the government, blame the idiots who made this necessary
So we bring in sweeping powers that savagely affect all our liberties due to the actions of one group?
I recall similar disregard and disruption being caused by the pro hunting cabal when Labour were pushing through legislation to restrict the hunting of wild animals

I wonder if these demonstrations had occurred now whether the bully Patel would be championing such draconian measures? ?

Ah yes - known liar, David Lammy, speaks in a manner which is contradictory to the way he has voted in the commons over the last year.

It’s interesting to see. Those that have created this environment, pushed in or supported these restrictions speaking up now. They turned a blind eye when antilockdown protestors were attacked by police, hospitalising a woman, some even celebrated.

There are people in parliament speaking out who should be first apologising for supporting these measures over the last year.
If Lammy is a liar - and I’d be interested to find out when he did - then he’s clearly learned well from the liar in chief in the the HoP.

I think that you know whom I’m talking about.....

But the Extinction Rebellion protestors show no remorse for the disruption they cause, that results in this legislation. So don't blame the government, blame the idiots who made this necessary
So hold legitimate protests and we’ll retaliate by introducing legislation that moves us closer to being a police state.

That gives the judiciary the power to jail people for up to TEN

Is really where we are heading as a country?

At least the readers of the Mail and Torygraph will be happy??

So hold legitimate protests and we’ll retaliate by introducing legislation that moves us closer to being a police state.

That gives the judiciary the power to jail people for up to TEN

Is really where we are heading as a country?

At least the readers of the Mail and Torygraph will be happy??
There has to be a balance.

If ER held protests that still allowed people to go about their business, none of this would have happened. The rights of those who don't agree with the protest matter just as much as the rights of the protestors.

And while we are at it can we desist with all this fascist nonsense. We don't live in a police state nor are we going to.

And if the rent a mob protest groups continue to hijack legitimate demonstrations, then we are all going to suffer in the long run because no one will be aware of what the real protestors are trying to say

Last edited:
I knew we’d agree on something ?

This is what concerns me about the 21st of June (or whatever date it will be). For some in the Police, governments and sage, they’ll find it hard to let go of the gross amounts of power they currently have got.
Well, the events of today in Sefton Park won’t exactly have helped the
cause to relax the restrictions earlier will they?

Over 1000 people turning up in direct contravention of the Covid regulations to ‘celebrate’ a day that I doubt the majority have any direct relation to. Unbelievably selfish behaviour that could result in further hospitalisations and deaths

And you wonder why the introduction and continued use of the Covid 19 powers that the police have been given are one of the very few things that Knutsfordian and I agree on. ??

Unbelievably selfish behaviour that could result in further hospitalisations and deaths

You could also argue that demanding young people are placed under house arrest, and their entire futures ruined, against their will is selfish.

As of the end of this month all of groups 1-9 will have received at least one vaccine. Those groups account for 99% of deaths.

Lockdown enthusiasts in sage are running out of excuses to lock people in their homes now.

You could also argue that demanding young people are placed under house arrest, and their entire futures ruined, against their will is selfish.

As of the end of this month all of groups 1-9 will have received at least one vaccine. Those groups account for 99% of deaths.

Lockdown enthusiasts in sage are running out of excuses to lock people in their homes now.
And you talk about me over dramatising things at times.

When have young people ever been placed “under house arrest” and in what way have “their entire futures” been ruined?

Yes, they have had to follow the same restrictions as we all have had to do, but I can’t recall considering that I was under “house arrest” at any time.

And yes, they’ve had to endure some tough times in terms of continuing their education, but the vast majority will still end up with the qualification they are aiming for.

Students have gone a year without real education. No matter how their grades are decided, that will loom over them in the eyes of many employers for a long time to come.

Children as young as primary school are seeing the worst mental health crisis ever. When you strip children away from school at that age, it has a knock on effect for a long time.

For people leaving education at this time they’re entering a job market that’s struggling because the government went way over the top in closing the economy so drastically.

Even those lucky enough to find employment, Graduates and Apprentices are have seen their first year of their schemes wasted. Experience not gained, professional relationships not developed, leaving them worried about what impact that will have on them, worry whether they will be deemed qualified and experienced enough to get a permanent contract when their schemes end. Worried whether their employers will now be able to afford them once they stop receiving government funding on completion of their schemes.

For 6 months of the last year you could leave your house for work, or your 1 hours allotted walking time. Well, for those who bothered following that, thankfully a lot of people assessed their own risks.

Hold on a second.

Knutsfordian hasn’t “targeted” or said anything derogatory about illegal immigrants.

He stated that they would avoid track and trace, which is true because of fear of what might happen to them.

I think the point knutsfordian is trying to make is track and trace will never track down every case and contact because people will be people avoiding it, whether they are avoiding it for fear of being found by immigration officers, or whether they’re avoiding test and trace by simply using a fake name when signing in to a restaurant.

I don’t see any derogatory words about illegal immigrants in that post, just simply pointing out another flaw with the whole test and trace system. There are just lots of people, from a number of backgrounds and situations who just don’t want to be traced for a number of different reasons.

So trying to compare that post to Nazis it utterly ridiculous. It’s a pet hate of mine when people do that, it undermines the true atrocities when people just call people they don’t agree with them.

We’ve got one fool on the forum that insists on doing it, but cone on, James, you’re better than that.
I see that the bully Patel is proposing that the U.K. ‘process’ illegal immigrants away from mainland U.K. one of the potential locations that has been mentioned is the IoM.

Now, isn’t that where German nationals were incarcerated during WWII? A case of history repeating itself?

I see that the bully Patel is proposing that the U.K. ‘process’ illegal immigrants away from mainland U.K. one of the potential locations that has been mentioned is the IoM.

Now, isn’t that where German nationals were incarcerated during WWII? A case of history repeating itself?

The government hopes that it acts as a deterrent to stop illegal crossings that line the pockets of criminals and puts their lives at risk.

Will it work? No idea. Australia had a policy to deter it, and it worked for them. Saved many lives from drowning, and stopped human traffickers lining their pockets. The government have to try something to deter the organised crime and the tragic drownings off the coast of dover.

So comparing that to a Prisoner of War camp on the IOM is a bit mad. What do you propose? Handing them straight back to the Wehrmacht to fight another day?

Students have gone a year without real education. No matter how their grades are decided, that will loom over them in the eyes of many employers for a long time to come.

Children as young as primary school are seeing the worst mental health crisis ever. When you strip children away from school at that age, it has a knock on effect for a long time.

For people leaving education at this time they’re entering a job market that’s struggling because the government went way over the top in closing the economy so drastically.

Even those lucky enough to find employment, Graduates and Apprentices are have seen their first year of their schemes wasted. Experience not gained, professional relationships not developed, leaving them worried about what impact that will have on them, worry whether they will be deemed qualified and experienced enough to get a permanent contract when their schemes end. Worried whether their employers will now be able to afford them once they stop receiving government funding on completion of their schemes.

For 6 months of the last year you could leave your house for work, or your 1 hours allotted walking time. Well, for those who bothered following that, thankfully a lot of people assessed their own risks.
So what would your solution have been Andy? The Swedish approach that you were so actively promoting during the summer? Because that worked out well didn’t it?

And thankfully I also assessed the risks. So I opted to have consideration for the wider community and reduce the risk of the virus spreading by following the restrictions. Didn’t do ‘Eat out to help create a second wave’ (which many ‘experts’ predicted would not occur).

The government hopes that it acts as a deterrent to stop illegal crossings that line the pockets of criminals and puts their lives at risk.

Will it work? No idea. Australia had a policy to deter it, and it worked for them. Saved many lives from drowning, and stopped human traffickers lining their pockets. The government have to try something to deter the organised crime and the tragic drownings off the coast of dover.

So comparing that to a Prisoner of War camp on the IOM is a bit mad. What do you propose? Handing them straight back to the Wehrmacht to fight another day?
Andy - my post was purely intended to show current events often have echoes from the past.

If for one moment I could believe that what the Bully Patel is proposing has the best interests of these poor people as the primary consideration, then they would have my whole-hearted support.

But in reality they are just a set of dog-whistle proposals that are designed to play out to the largely ignorant and bigoted Tory readers of the right wing rags. ?

So what would your solution have been Andy? The Swedish approach that you were so actively promoting during the summer? Because that worked out well didn’t it?

And thankfully I also assessed the risks. So I opted to have consideration for the wider community and reduce the risk of the virus spreading by following the restrictions. Didn’t do ‘Eat out to help create a second wave’ (which many ‘experts’ predicted would not occur).

Stockholm, which is similar to Manchester in terms of population and population density, has fared better. And Manchester has faced harsher restrictions than the rest of the UK!

No, only a couple percent of cases were even traced back to Bars or Restaurants.

Andy - my post was purely intended to show current events often have echoes from the past.

If for one moment I could believe that what the Bully Patel is proposing has the best interests of these poor people as the primary consideration, then they would have my whole-hearted support.

But in reality they are just a set of dog-whistle proposals that are designed to play out to the largely ignorant and bigoted Tory readers of the right wing rags. ?
Bloody woke BBC!

????
#myflagisbiggerthanyours

Im a bit of a history nerd, so always interested to see if current affairs echo the past, but that comparison is like comparing chalk and cheese. It’s like like saying Ursula von see Leyen benign head of the EU commsion in Brussels is like having von Falkenhausen back in control in Brussels.

You’re entitled to think that’s the reason, and you could be right. We’ll never know.
But either way, it’s better than doing nothing, surely?

Stockholm, which is similar to Manchester in terms of population and population density, has fared better. And Manchester has faced harsher restrictions than the rest of the UK!

No, only a couple percent of cases were even traced back to Bars or Restaurants.
So how the hell did the second wave occur then?

Maybe it snook into peoples houses at night when they weren’t looking.....

Maybe it snook into peoples houses at night when they weren’t looking.....

Entirely possible, look at Scotland, you can only catch it in a pub if you’re drinking alcohol in it, or in there after 11pm. Very clever this virus according to the governments of the UK ?

Affordable:

£37bn on failed test&trace, £??? bn on crony contracts for dodgy PPE, £2.6m for a media room, £9.6m for unused Nightingale "hospitals", £340K hush money re Patel bullying, £250K to defend Hancock's law breaking, £400k to paint a plane, £20M to carry out a ‘feasibility study’ into another Johnson vanity project

Unaffordable: Above inflation Pay rise for NHS
NOT DISGRACEFUL

130k Covid deaths Billions to cronies for PPE Breaking international law 4m kids in poverty Helping Tory donor save £45m £37bn on failing Test & Trace Threatening right to protest Actual bullying

DISGRACEFUL Making a joke about a flag

NOT DISGRACEFUL

130k Covid deaths Billions to cronies for PPE Breaking international law 4m kids in poverty Helping Tory donor save £45m £37bn on failing Test & Trace Threatening right to protest Actual bullying

DISGRACEFUL Making a joke about a flag
Come on James - take a deep breath. We all know NHS pay is not just about nurses. If the unions fail to break the government pay restraints for nurses,. then there's no hope for the rest of the public sector. Nurses are a Trojan horse for pay for all public sector employees. It's not about pay levels, respect or anything else. It's all about the fight against the government

My view reiterated elsewhere is there should be no pay rises for anyone until this pandemic is over and we can see where we stand. All this furore about an office in Downing Street or the cost of Angela Rayner's ear plugs is chaff. It's pennies compared to the year on year increase in salaries .

so talk about Shit Shows and for an upcoming election in the North East and what do Labour do?

Conservative party chair, Amanda Milling, said: "Labour’s candidate is a failed former MP who has already been rejected by the people of the North East.

"At the EU Referendum in 2016 Hartlepool voted 69.6 percent to Leave.

"Paul Williams wanted to remain in the EU and worked to frustrate Brexit."

Dr Williams was a vocal advocate of a second referendum while he was an MP.

So yes accept that is Tory point of view, but don't Labour see the traffic signs? What madness is this. They should be looking for a future leader to parachute into a safe seat - not making it a marginal they could lose !! For gods sake when will Labour wake up and become electable !! Can't believe Labour must employ advisors - what are they really doing? The EU is lost! Gone! If Labour really want power then start to be a centrist party - not party of hate and division !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back