• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Crowds / Attendances

Not sure if it would help attendances, but I certainly think it’s something the club worth looking in to.

Covid has made everywhere cash free, the only time I have cash is for football games.

But, having said that, if paid on card to get in, I wouldn’t have cash to buy a pie and such. Something worth thinking about. If card on entrance is used, I think card at the cafe would also be needed.
Exactly….anything we can do to make things easier for fans will surely give us a better chance of attracting more support. We’re living in different times and as you say cash is becoming a rarity. As you suggested we’d have to introduce it at the refreshment bar too…I think the takings may go up…food for thought! No pun intended. The bring a friend day on 4th December could be the ideal match to start it….not sure how quick it could be introduced though.

We have one of the best away followings of all teams in this league with no visiting team coming close to bringing similar numbers to Townfield for our home games . Must have been 150 at Trafford today and what an atmosphere our 1874 fans create . People talk about other activities stealing time from fans , the cost etc but let’s be honest, we don’t simply rock up at games away from home , it’s a full on half day/ full day experience for many of us, travel, pub, meet up with others, bit of scran, banter with the oppo, social media , singing, affinity with the team on the pitch ,a total fun experience many of us look forward to with eager anticipation ! Whether you are Riff Raff or just there to watch the game, the unity shown is fantastic at away games .
So we have to work on making our home games a similar fun day out - remember the days when professional clubs put on half time entertainment with a band or something ...... not saying that worked entirely but it was there for exactly the same reason ie to drag the home fans in for home games , including the youngsters and enhance the fun experience
Buses from town may help, the canned beer corner supply like Trafford had , credit card payment like they had today , ideas mentioned by other fans on this thread plus of course winning a few home games, would all help !

Not sure if it would help attendances, but I certainly think it’s something the club worth looking in to.

Covid has made everywhere cash free, the only time I have cash is for football games.

But, having said that, if paid on card to get in, I wouldn’t have cash to buy a pie and such. Something worth thinking about. If card on entrance is used, I think card at the cafe would also be needed.
Pretty sure it's on its way.

I think I saw one in use at the Ramsbottom game on trial.

We have one of the best away followings of all teams in this league with no visiting team coming close to bringing similar numbers to Townfield for our home games . Must have been 150 at Trafford today and what an atmosphere our 1874 fans create . People talk about other activities stealing time from fans , the cost etc but let’s be honest, we don’t simply rock up at games away from home , it’s a full on half day/ full day experience for many of us, travel, pub, meet up with others, bit of scran, banter with the oppo, social media , singing, affinity with the team on the pitch ,a total fun experience many of us look forward to with eager anticipation ! Whether you are Riff Raff or just there to watch the game, the unity shown is fantastic at away games .
So we have to work on making our home games a similar fun day out - remember the days when professional clubs put on half time entertainment with a band or something ...... not saying that worked entirely but it was there for exactly the same reason ie to drag the home fans in for home games , including the youngsters and enhance the fun experience
Buses from town may help, the canned beer corner supply like Trafford had , credit card payment like they had today , ideas mentioned by other fans on this thread plus of course winning a few home games, would all help !
Agree with these comments. Little extras make a difference. I thought the PA at Glossop was excellent. Fantastic respect for the 2 mins rememberence recognition and music before the match and at half time. It all makes a difference…..COYG

I am finding cash is coming back . I paid at a bar with a tenner last night and used one in a shop and got £2.50 change. And I bought two things with cash today. I am fed up with using the card and will try real money every chance I get -not just to pay the gardener or the carpark. Having said that it may help those people who actually like cards if they can use them at the match.

Agree with these comments. Little extras make a difference. I thought the PA at Glossop was excellent. Fantastic respect for the 2 mins rememberence recognition and music before the match and at half time. It all makes a difference…..COYG
I don't know where you were stood at Glossop but I was by the dug outs and it was almost impossible to hear the Tannoy. The one at Prescot was good though, easy to hear on both sides of the ground and she had a good personality

I don't know where you were stood at Glossop but I was by the dug outs and it was almost impossible to hear the Tannoy. The one at Prescot was good though, easy to hear on both sides of the ground and she had a good personality
Stood by the clubhouse for a big part of the game….PA sounded good.

Back