• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Crowd numbers

Les Esling

Legend
Aug 3, 2013
The perimeter length of an average sized football pitch is 380m meaning that a crowd of 190 standing 2m apart could watch a match under current government guidelines. This would be more than enough for most venues at steps 5&6. Using this method each ground could have a COVID capacity determined by the pitch size and the number of sides that spectators can stand on. Probably too difficult for the FA to consider!!

But Barnton is only three-sided which reduces that.
And you need to factor in those that sit as well.

I'm sure it will all become clear, then muddled, then clear again before we kick a ball in anger

But Barnton is only three-sided which reduces that.
And you need to factor in those that sit as well.

I'm sure it will all become clear, then muddled, then clear again before we kick a ball in anger
The point I am making is that at our level most teams can cope quite easily with a Covid cap as it would exceed their normal attendance by a long way. Also if one applies the 1m plus rule because everyone is looking in the same direction then the numbers double.

I think that's probably right but unless all clubs can cope with their highest attendance from last season then I can't see how we can start.

Well we count people coming in through the turnstiles so it should be quite easy to put a max number on every ground and just close off once that number is reached. I think for most clubs at levels 5&6 the max number is likely to be at least twice their average attendance last season anyway. Except 1874 of course!

Back