• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Congleton Match

I thought he had a decent game.
I completely agree with you Nicki. I thought it was the best I had seen him play. He worked hard chased around and made some good tackles. I suppose jack was talking about a lack of worthwhile crosses and on that score (which is his main reason for playing) he may have a point.
I did feel sorry for you and Tez as I think it was one of our worst performances this season. Taking on board your comments though it shows how far we have progressed so far this season. Long may it continue.

Seeing the style of Football Congleton played, and how that's very similar to how we played last year it just highlights how good of a Job Paul and Wayne have done in just a few short months.

Very good to see.

Cannot complain re the gate , fortunate that we do get as we do considering what OTHERS get. !!.

We also need to remember that we have quite a few young lads in the team that are still learning the game, one of the main negatives to young players in general is that they often struggle with consistency but they have a hell of a lot of energy and work really hard, these lads need time and will only get better

I completely agree with you Nicki. I thought it was the best I had seen him play. He worked hard chased around and made some good tackles. I suppose jack was talking about a lack of worthwhile crosses and on that score (which is his main reason for playing) he may have a point.
I did feel sorry for you and Tez as I think it was one of our worst performances this season. Taking on board your comments though it shows how far we have progressed so far this season. Long may it continue.
I was on about his final ball more than anything, but like people have said he did work hard for the side. Like Josh said, hes young learning, he has a lot of potential and is rapid!

Jack, you have hit the nail on the head here - one of the great things about this side that we have been sorely missing in the past is the speed of people to the ball. I just love it when the opposition have a corner and we leave 3 up. They are all (apart from Kyle) really speedy and give us the opportunity for a quick break (like the first goal against Mossley in the replay although that came from a throw in).

I just love it when the opposition have a corner and we leave 3 up

So do I. Also as I pointed out previously the variation of corners is great. Can I also mention Gregg's distribution. Yes he almost got caught out with a bad kick out but generally his distribution has been excellent. He really does put us on the attack many times. I heard someone shout close to me yesterday, just kick it up field when he passed to Meadowcroft. How frustrating! we want to retain the ball and play it through the midfield not hoof it up for their big men against Scotty to just head it back.

It really is refreshing to watch what our lads are trying to do. It also shows the faith the management have in letting them express themselves. Also they must be working on tactics etc. in training and not just running and playing 5 a side!

The determination to play the ball out of defence was one of the things which impressed me most v NFerriby, too. Though remember that through ball from Greg for the route one goal for Scotty?

One of the things that bothered me was our official seats where full of whinging Congleton supporters, what was wrong with the visitors section, I sit in the corner near the office so I am not surrounded by people as have problems with that but yesterday wish I was sitting elsewhere.

Sureley only officials from Congleton should be in those seats, They didn't have many anywhere in the ground.

They were sitting in our official seats not theirs , that's what was annoying. Had to hold my tongue with some of the rubbish coming from their mouths

Exactly - we didn't often get over 300 last year. We're heading in the right direction.
Not a bad crowd at all. I only predicted 224, so I was pleasantly surprised. Our exciting brand of attacking football in contrast to Street's rubbish last season is clearly reaping its awards.

Not a bad crowd at all. I only predicted 224, so I was pleasantly surprised. Our exciting brand of attacking football in contrast to Street's rubbish last season is clearly reaping its awards.

Imagine what they'll be later in the season when we're not having replays every other day!!

So do I. Also as I pointed out previously the variation of corners is great. Can I also mention Gregg's distribution. Yes he almost got caught out with a bad kick out but generally his distribution has been excellent. He really does put us on the attack many times.

...and me! I can't ever recall any team playing in green that I've supported having 3 men stay up front when defending corners. Lucky if it was 1 sometimes.

Also agree about Greg's distribution. Not that I'd expect any self-respecting non-league fan to watch ManU... but if you did, you'd notice that David De Gea is one of the best passers of the ball around! It's a great asset to have.

Standing by the dug-out yesterday, it's clear that it's one the managers would like Greg to exploit more. It's a good weapon when combined with a pacey frontline.

Back