• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Congleton Match

Andy

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jul 28, 2013
Dont know how we didn't win that! Their keeper had a belting game - great saves towards the end.

Like Tuesday we didn't play great, but never stopped running and trying.

I really haven't missed the boring crap Street serves up. His team killed the game, hoofed it forward and hoped for the best - feel for Congleton fans. The thought of the replay and another league game against them in the next few weeks it almost too much for me! ;)

Couldn't fault the effort, just the final ball was overhit too many times.

Any idea how many corners we had?

Was actually really glad when the full time whistle went today, thought the first half was decent and then the second half was shocking, plenty of effort but nothing came off for us today

We were poor second half and how Kyle missed that chance I don't know
Not a good day at the office against a very poor team
A replay we could have done without
Was very surprised to see Jake come off
See you tuesday
Shame the crowd was so small as well

I didn't think 313 was too bad for an early vase round game.

After a decent 30 minutes at the start, Congleton pushed us back and stopped us playing, killed the game basically, and resorted to hoofball.

We dropped to their level, but still had so many chances to win the game which we wasted, especially Kyle in the first half of extra time and Scotty right at the end.

Didn't need another game before Saturday's huge tie vs Ossett.

Lets get the job done!

Sorry but I thought this was a poor game all round. Yes we did have chances , a couple which should have been buried. But Congleton had two great chances too which were horrific finishes. The two goalkeepers were the best players. Feel disappointed with our performance today. Hope for better next time.

Thought we were good for first 30 mins and loved the variation of corners which proved fruitful. Agree that on another day we could have won easily with our chances. Great save from Gregg in the first half and Fletcher missed a sitter for them. The game died a bit in the second half but we were miles better than them in extra time. Go again Tuesday. We seem to like replays don't we! I thought it was good attendance today, didn't expect that many. Long may it continue.

Well I'm pretty encouraged by all the comments here. It's yonks since I've been to a game and I quite enjoyed it. You've all clearly been spoilt!

Could've done without the extra time though!

Impressed with Lee Jackson and Jake Parker today - first time I've seen them.

Not a game to entertain me, but !, need to up the tempo on Tuesday I'm afraid or else

You've obviously been treated to some exceptional football (for this Step) this season then Frank ;) Disappointed we only managed a draw, but personally I enjoyed my afternoon. Admittedly my games have been limited, but today was probably the best performance I've seen at the BS. Lots to be positive about and that stems from a Management team who for me approach things in the the right way.
:scarf:

We weren't at our best, at all, but we didn't lose. 14 unbeaten dating back to April now.

Mark Jones is back in the squad this next week and Mitch is back involved after re signing.

Exciting times ahead!

A decent squad with a part to play for all of them, particularly if we continue our cup successes and do so courtesy of a replay every round :D

I thought we missed Taylor wide yesterday.
yes 313 was a good crowd taking into account their poor following.

Anyone know if Taylor was injured or 'rested' after a number of high intensity game over the last few weeks?

We did, Beads was uneffective and didnt create anything.

I thought he had a decent game.

The reality is, we only created two clear-cut chances - the one that Riley missed towards the end of the first half of extra time and the one Scotty missed right at the end. With the exception of Scotty who manages to create things for himself with his running (and was unlucky on two occasions when he got behind them) nobody really stood out above the others in the creating anything stakes.

Back