• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Combat Stress/Mental Health

Tony1874

Too much time on my hands
Aug 1, 2013
Looking at trying to organise another charity fundraiser.
Captain Matt Styles, 4 Mercian has already pledged his and his soldiers support. So we just need to get some idea from 1874 fans if anybody is interested in the following challenge around August this year.

http://www.totalwarrior.co.uk/total-warrior/the-lake-district

The selected military charity is veterans at ease http://www.veteransatease.org/ The CEO Gaz Murrell who's Ex Cheshire Regiment, he's offered free entry to the above event on the basis that participants raise a minimum of £100 each towards the charity.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tez
Great idea Tony. Depends on dates of course, but i’m away for most of August unfortunately.

Good God that looks a bit tough !! I' be happy to give it a go, it's for a great cause so a bit of pain and cold and mud and water and heights is a small price to pay !! Depending on date.....count me in. Just need a few more overweight 50+ fools to join me......

Brilliant! I agree it looks very physically and mentally challenging.

I've tried to think of event ideas that are relevant and/or related to the charities that we'll be supporting, in the same way that the Blindfolded sponsored walk was conceived.

Gaz said that there are a wide range of fitness levels, from runners to joggers, walkers and crawlers, I'm now definitely in the latter.

Again I wanted to organise a military and civilian event supporting military and civilian charities but in this case that's not possible due to the constraints of free entry. However there may be a way around this by asking local businesses to donate towards the civilian charity.

Last edited:
Tony, more than happy to do this for Military Charities only, so don't worry on my behalf, enduring cold, mud and tears is the least I can do for some of our true national hero's.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Need some ideas for a team name

Run like the winded.
Smells Like Team Spirit.
The Obstakillers.
Scrambled Legs.
Mud, Sweet and Beers.

Tony I’ll be up for this as long as you can handle a Sapper on your team.
Be a pleasure mate, I've worked with Sappers, hard as nails. Hope you don't mind completing it with an old fat infantryman?

I'm afraid I fall short of Tony's and Matt's military service experience as I was neither an Infrantryman or a Sapper, my "military" service is limited to Sgt in The Cadet Force 35 yes ago. But I'll try and fly the flag for The Cadets !!!

I'm afraid I fall short of Tony's and Matt's military service experience as I was neither an Infrantryman or a Sapper, my "military" service is limited to Sgt in The Cadet Force 35 yes ago. But I'll try and fly the flag for The Cadets !!!
Believe me mate with my current level of fitness, I will be bringing up the rear.

We've now had an offer for a training session supplied by Kev Thompson Ex Cheshire Regiment Physical Training Instructor, who now works for https://www.britmilfit.com

Will try and arrange a date in May for briefings and media publicity.

Back