• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Colne Saturday

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
Here is the information I have managed to get on Colne. This is much the same as last season but for the prices of course. They did not say if carers are allowed in free. I thought the food was expensive last year - as i recall a burger and a cup of tea was £6 - but I don't remember if the burger was ok, but think it was. The pub mentioned below is one that opened specially for our supporters last year but appears to be open all day Saturday now. Any other comments always welcome.

ClubColne
Game Date6th August 2022
Game time3.00pm
Ground addressHolt House, Harrison Drive, Colne, Lancashire, BB8 9SF
Home coloursRed shirts, shorts and socks
DirectionsFrom Northwich 66 miles on M6 to J29, then M65 to end of motorway. Take 1st exit off roundabout A56 Skipton. Follow this dual carriageway, which narrows to single to the next roundabout. Take the first exit into Harrison Drive (signpost to ground on railings opposite). Proceed up the hill and continue over small roundabout to top of hill. Keep to right and the car park is in front of you.
Parking facilitiesAt ground
Railway stationColne (1 mile approx. 20 minutes walk). I could not find trains from Northwich. From Crewe it takes about 3 hours with an hour at Preston.
BusN/a
Admission Prices£9, £6 concessions, £2 U16.
Programme price
Disabled access and toiletsYes
CarersAre carers for disabled fans allowed in free? No reply
Food at groundPies etc available on ground
Drinks at groundWas bottled/canned only.
Local restaurants
Are dogs allowedYes
Local pubsTapster’s Promise in New market Square opened up specially last time and was well reported.
Local places of interestBoundary Mills, if you want to drop partner off!

Here is the information I have managed to get on Colne. This is much the same as last season but for the prices of course. They did not say if carers are allowed in free. I thought the food was expensive last year - as i recall a burger and a cup of tea was £6 - but I don't remember if the burger was ok, but think it was. The pub mentioned below is one that opened specially for our supporters last year but appears to be open all day Saturday now. Any other comments always welcome.

ClubColne
Game Date6th August 2022
Game time3.00pm
Ground addressHolt House, Harrison Drive, Colne, Lancashire, BB8 9SF
Home coloursRed shirts, shorts and socks
DirectionsFrom Northwich 66 miles on M6 to J29, then M65 to end of motorway. Take 1st exit off roundabout A56 Skipton. Follow this dual carriageway, which narrows to single to the next roundabout. Take the first exit into Harrison Drive (signpost to ground on railings opposite). Proceed up the hill and continue over small roundabout to top of hill. Keep to right and the car park is in front of you.
Parking facilitiesAt ground
Railway stationColne (1 mile approx. 20 minutes walk). I could not find trains from Northwich. From Crewe it takes about 3 hours with an hour at Preston.
BusN/a
Admission Prices£9, £6 concessions, £2 U16.
Programme price
Disabled access and toiletsYes
CarersAre carers for disabled fans allowed in free? No reply
Food at groundPies etc available on ground
Drinks at groundWas bottled/canned only.
Local restaurants
Are dogs allowedYes
Local pubsTapster’s Promise in New market Square opened up specially last time and was well reported.
Local places of interestBoundary Mills, if you want to drop partner off!

Unfortunately Richard Tapsters Promise has now closed. Will post some alternatives ASAP??

Lets hope for 100+ travelling and a good win.
See you all saturday.
COYG

Reactions: Ben
A 2-1 defeat to start the season.
Focus on the league etc.

Good in spells, but not enough to get something from the game. Im sure it’ll require a period of patience while the squad gels, once it does I’m sure we’ll be more than fine.

We hit the woodwork twice and on another day they go in and we win the game.

On to Prescot?

Different players but same style of play. And on the day despite whacking the woodwork twice not good enough against workmanlike and hard working Colne side.
One man up front for all first half and some of second and far too elaborate in defence.
Special mention to Joe Woolley who was excellent and Colnes no 3 who was even better.
Couple of our players had poor games but won’t mention names.
Hopefully improvement next week at home.

On the downside I think we all knew how Colne were going to play; lump it forward and wide as often as possible and feed off the scraps. Unfortunately we didn't seem to be able to cope with this one trick pony approach.
On the upside Joe had a great game and I thought our left back also did very well. Agree that the Colne No 3 had a stormer.
Overall disappointed but we have half a new side and it will take some time for the team to gel, keep the faith!

This is probably going to be controversial but I've never really been that bothered about the FA cup at our level as imo it can be a bit of a distraction, I do get the need to try and win a few games from a financial point of view but I would rather focus on tournaments that we have a more realistic chance of progressing further in such as the Vase in previous seasons and now the Trophy (though I think that the draws in both the fa cup and trophy haven't been particularly good to us), time now to move on and get ready for our first league game and hopefully 3 points

Different players but same style of play. And on the day despite whacking the woodwork twice not good enough against workmanlike and hard working Colne side.
One man up front for all first half and some of second and far too elaborate in defence.
Special mention to Joe Woolley who was excellent and Colnes no 3 who was even better.
Couple of our players had poor games but won’t mention names.
Hopefully improvement next week at home.
Absolutely spot on.

Real shame yesterday for the 150 greens who travelled, very few positives but have to mention joe woolley who had a great game could go on but won't.

Not to offend anyone at Colne who potentially reads this. But how can that pitch be allowed? The slope and the condition of it is really poor.

Reactions: Ben
By all accounts according to a groundhopper the catering and refreshments had issues too?

By all accounts according to a groundhopper the catering and refreshments had issues too?
Issues tez it was heaven if you like pot noodles seriously, why they didn't post there was going to be no food I have no idea.

Issues tez it was heaven if you like pot noodles seriously, why they didn't post there was going to be no food I have no idea.
Apparently they were let down at shortish notice. Shame, because a couple of our fans told me they didn't mind paying the prices last year as the quality was good - and tbh that is what my memory says as well.

This is probably going to be controversial but I've never really been that bothered about the FA cup at our level as imo it can be a bit of a distraction, I do get the need to try and win a few games from a financial point of view but I would rather focus on tournaments that we have a more realistic chance of progressing further in such as the Vase in previous seasons and now the Trophy (though I think that the draws in both the fa cup and trophy haven't been particularly good to us), time now to move on and get ready for our first league game and hopefully 3 points
Sorry Josh, I don't get where you are coming from? The two cup competitions could have been/could be our lifeline to securing our future financially. It was so important to get a result on Saturday but it wasn't to be. As a fan's run club we have to find the money to exist not just tomorrow but in years to come. The best result of the weekend was getting support from Northwich Waitrose going forward. So well done to whoever organised that deal. We want to watch our club for years to come.

As for the catering on Saturday, if they had problems it should have been explained on social media prior to the game so that we could have all prepared for it. The Players and Officials were ok though.

9PiMiKyy_bigger.jpg

[URL='https://twitter.com/Colne_FC']Colne F.C.

@Colne_FC[/URL]

"Thanks once again to the @ShootersArms_for more delicious food for the players and officials yesterday! Word is spreading and fans are heading to try the grub pre-match."

As for the match, two outstanding performances from Buckley at full back and Joe Wooley. I can certainly see where Briswa is coming from regarding the remainder but there was some good play but really that was in isolation. The team didn't really seem to gel. In preseason the forwards were swapping positions which worked perfectly but not on Saturday. I still don't know why kicking up the hill and their team pressing we are intent of playing out from the back on goal kicks. It just put us under so much pressure and we lost the ball more times than we got over the half way line.

If we would have stole it with the two efforts that hit the bar we would all have been over the moon, but it would have been unjust.

As for Tony's kicking....................sorry Big T but I am sure you are aware.

See everyone Saturday

?

Sorry Josh, I don't get where you are coming from? The two cup competitions could have been/could be our lifeline to securing our future financially. It was so important to get a result on Saturday but it wasn't to be. As a fan's run club we have to find the money to exist not just tomorrow but in years to come. The best result of the weekend was getting support from Northwich Waitrose going forward. So well done to whoever organised that deal. We want to watch our club for years to come.

As for the catering on Saturday, if they had problems it should have been explained on social media prior to the game so that we could have all prepared for it. The Players and Officials were ok though.

9PiMiKyy_bigger.jpg

[URL='https://twitter.com/Colne_FC']Colne F.C.
@Colne_FC[/URL]

"Thanks once again to the @ShootersArms_for more delicious food for the players and officials yesterday! Word is spreading and fans are heading to try the grub pre-match."

As for the match, two outstanding performances from Buckley at full back and Joe Wooley. I can certainly see where Briswa is coming from regarding the remainder but there was some good play but really that was in isolation. The team didn't really seem to gel. In preseason the forwards were swapping positions which worked perfectly but not on Saturday. I still don't know why kicking up the hill and their team pressing we are intent of playing out from the back on goal kicks. It just put us under so much pressure and we lost the ball more times than we got over the half way line.

If we would have stole it with the two efforts that hit the bar we would all have been over the moon, but it would have been unjust.

As for Tony's kicking....................sorry Big T but I am sure you are aware.

See everyone Saturday

?

Spot on Alan a massive chance missed and a decent payday at Clitheroe gone.

Back