• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Colne 22nd January

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
Apologies to anyone looking for this information, somehow I forgot. I have asked for disabled information and if I get this will add it later.

ClubColne
Game Date22nd January 2022
Game time3.00pm
Ground addressHolt House, Harrison Drive, Colne, Lancashire, BB8 9SF
Home coloursRed shirts, shorts and socks
DirectionsFrom Northwich 66 miles on M6 to J29, then M65 to end of motorway. Take 1st exit off roundabout, A56 Skipton. Follow this dual carriageway, which narrows to single to the next roundabout. Take the first exit into Harrison Drive (signpost to ground on railings opposite). Proceed up the hill and continue over small roundabout to top of hill. Keep to right and the car park is in front of you.
Parking facilitiesAt ground
Admission Prices£8, £5 concessions, £1 U16.
Programme price
Disabled access and toilets
CarersAre carers for disabled fans allowed in free?
Food at groundPies etc available on ground
Drinks at groundWas bottled/canned only
Are dogs allowed
Local places of interestBoundary Mills, if you want to drop partner off!

Also folks, I have had a word with the landlord at the "Tapsters Promise" on New Market street in Colne and he has agreed to open for us at 12pm (normally opens at 2pm).:scarf:

Tapsters promise postcode is BB8 9BJ for those interested - and for those who like cider apparently 4 real ciders!

At the start of the secomd half Colne looked really improved. And after the first senseless penalty they couldn't handle us. Great 2nd half from us. Best Sam Hare has played for a long time.

“ A game of two halves!!”
First half slow scrappy and dreary.
Second half different side. More direct some excellent fast attacking down the slope. Thought Jamie Reed and Marcell Foulds had great games. Shows how we can play. Glad to see Russy back as left back and Taylor in his best position though I now understand why this hasn’t happened recently . Pity can’t perform like that at home. Been some great away performances.

Couldn’t make it today but what a result! We are really establishing ourselves at this level now and are improving month by month. Fantastic achievement….COYG

Entertainment value at halftime was zero but I suppose kicking uphill you would have taken 0-0. I wanted my £4.00 back as nothing really happened!

Well I don't know what was said at the break but we came out much more positive and took the game to them. We still needed the breakthrough and it came with a certain penalty. Once the defender put his leg across Sam Hare he was always going down. Brilliantly despatched by our captain and you could say the rest was history! From there on confidence oozed out of our players and there was only one team in it.

Great to see Russy back at full back and Taylor on the wing in the second half. You could tell he loved it, especially with a goal.

There is hell of a slope at Colne and perhaps I should have been more patient first half playing up it but the end result was brilliant.

See everyone next week!

Entertainment value at halftime was zero but I suppose kicking uphill you would have taken 0-0. I wanted my £4.00 back as nothing really happened!

Well I don't know what was said at the break but we came out much more positive and took the game to them. We still needed the breakthrough and it came with a certain penalty. Once the defender put his leg across Sam Hare he was always going down. Brilliantly despatched by our captain and you could say the rest was history! From there on confidence oozed out of our players and there was only one team in it.

Great to see Russy back at full back and Taylor on the wing in the second half. You could tell he loved it, especially with a goal.

There is hell of a slope at Colne and perhaps I should have been more patient first half playing up it but the end result was brilliant.

See everyone next week!
I know some of us are poor pensioners Alan, but clearly you have discovered a way of boosting your finances. Concessions today were £5 so how did you only want £4 back from what I assume was a full adult entrance?

I know some of us are poor pensioners Alan, but clearly you have discovered a way of boosting your finances. Concessions today were £5 so how did you only want £4 back from what I assume was a full adult entrance?
It was half time!

It was half time!
Perhaps with your logic, you need to have a word with Rishi Sunak. By my reckoning, you should ,therefore , been asking for £8 (full entrance ?) as there was no guarantee that the second half would be an improvement from the first.

This is a good point Alan, I went to stand behind the goal in the second half and you really do see how the slope is. So whilst the first half wasn't as 'exciting' for us watching, I'd say well done to the boys for dealing with this and working their way to building momentum in the second half.

I also think it's a great point that Briswa made about Russy. I know there's been discussions over recent games as to why Taylor and not Matty at LB (I've had a few people coming to 'chat' to me about it!) but sometimes there are circumstances beyond the pitch that mean it's not happening. Indeed Matty played yesterday while still having issues after covid, god that lad is a legend! There is often a reason why 'one of our favourites' is not picked or is perhaps on the bench. You'll get honesty from BoGo in their programme and Newsletter notes about players and circumstances and they are more than happy to chat things through with supporters. Most managers in the game are not as open or would welcome being approached!

I thought the support yesterday, in terms of numbers and also 'vocals' was terrific. Love the songs! It's appreciated by the players, big time! :scarf::scarf:

Lovely to see Kyle Riley there with his new baby boy, his first game and he saw a 74 win!

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm still smiling! :D

Are any highlights likely to be available ? I guess the camera is still US. I'll happily settle for just the second half!

Agreed we played really well second half and managed the slope and conditions spot on, just need a really good win at home next week, must have been a good 100 of us there yesterday.
See you all saturday.

Entirely fair report imho

Very good second half performance yesterday and another fine away win. A great 74 following also!

Can we play away every week?

Are any highlights likely to be available ? I guess the camera is still US. I'll happily settle for just the second half!
@Basement has kindly supplied his footage. Once it's stitched together & uploaded then the link will be sent out, but I'm not sure how long that will take.

Back