• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

City of Liverpool - Tuesday

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
Info on CoL if you are going on Tuesday night. Do NOT forget they now play at Vauxhall motors ground, Rivacre Park, and not Bootle.
ClubCity of Liverpool
Game DateTuesday 12th October
Game time19.45
Ground addressRivacre Road, Ellesmere Port, CH66 1NJ
Home coloursPurple Shirts, Shorts and Socks
DirectionsM56 to m53 J7. Take first exit B5132 Netherpool Road. Cross one roundabout and 0.1m later turn right, still on B5132 Rivacre Road. Arrive at ground LHS after one mile. (Approx 25 miles, 40 minutes)
Parking facilitiesFree parking at ground
Railway stationHooton is 1.7miles.
BusThere are no local bus services. Nearest is about 1m.
Admission PricesAdult £8, Concessions (65+ yrs old, unemployed and students) £4, Children (U16) Free
Programme priceFree e-programme. Link sent to club 24hrs in advance.
Disabled access and toiletsProvided
CarersCarers for disabled fans are allowed in free.
Food at groundFood at bar and burger van in ground
Drinks at groundBottled and keg in clubhouse
Are dogs allowedYes, if on lead and well behaved.
Local pubsChimneys at Hooton (may be closed) Half Way House and the White Lion, both in Childer Thornton are probably the closest in CAMRA info Pub Guide - Chester & South Clwyd CAMRA.
James Wood recommends the Bunbury Arms in Stoak as the best localish pub – CH2 4HW, close to Cheshire Oaks. https://www.bunburyarms.co.uk/
Local places of interestBlue Planet Aquarium, National Waterways Museum, Chester Zoo or if you are brave you could let the partner off at Cheshire Oaks! (Perhaps not for an evening kick off!)
AcknowledgementsJohn Lavin (CoL FC), CAMRA, James Wood.

Info on CoL if you are going on Tuesday night. Do NOT forget they now play at Vauxhall motors ground, Rivacre Park, and not Bootle.
ClubCity of Liverpool
Game DateTuesday 12th October
Game time19.45
Ground addressRivacre Road, Ellesmere Port, CH66 1NJ
Home coloursPurple Shirts, Shorts and Socks
DirectionsM56 to m53 J7. Take first exit B5132 Netherpool Road. Cross one roundabout and 0.1m later turn right, still on B5132 Rivacre Road. Arrive at ground LHS after one mile. (Approx 25 miles, 40 minutes)
Parking facilitiesFree parking at ground
Railway stationHooton is 1.7miles.
BusThere are no local bus services. Nearest is about 1m.
Admission PricesAdult £8, Concessions (65+ yrs old, unemployed and students) £4, Children (U16) Free
Programme priceFree e-programme. Link sent to club 24hrs in advance.
Disabled access and toiletsProvided
CarersCarers for disabled fans are allowed in free.
Food at groundFood at bar and burger van in ground
Drinks at groundBottled and keg in clubhouse
Are dogs allowedYes, if on lead and well behaved.
Local pubsChimneys at Hooton (may be closed) Half Way House and the White Lion, both in Childer Thornton are probably the closest in CAMRA info Pub Guide - Chester & South Clwyd CAMRA.
James Wood recommends the Bunbury Arms in Stoak as the best localish pub – CH2 4HW, close to Cheshire Oaks. https://www.bunburyarms.co.uk/
Local places of interestBlue Planet Aquarium, National Waterways Museum, Chester Zoo or if you are brave you could let the partner off at Cheshire Oaks! (Perhaps not for an evening kick off!)
AcknowledgementsJohn Lavin (CoL FC), CAMRA, James Wood.
Unfortunately I won’t be there as I’m going under the knife (again!) tomorrow morning….

For the second time this season Joe Woolley scores the winner in a 1-0 away win.
Slightly shocked by a gate of 291

Fantastic tonight. Well deserved win.

Hard to pick a man of the match, all fantastic. Ash Woods help the ball up brilliantly, Parker abs Irlam didn’t stop running in the middle, and the back 4 were solid.

Great away following too. Outnumbered City of Liverpool at their own place.

Fantastic tonight. Well deserved win.

Hard to pick a man of the match, all fantastic. Ash Woods help the ball up brilliantly, Parker abs Irlam didn’t stop running in the middle, and the back 4 were solid.

Great away following too. Outnumbered City of Liverpool at their own place.
Great win and gutted i wasn’t there to see it. Need to follow this with a much needed home win on Saturday!????

Not able to make it tonight…superb win and by the looks of it very hard earned. Looking forward to Saturday…..another 300+ gate would be good. COYG

Reactions: Ben
Agreed a really good performance especially first half and decent away support and backing, yes lets hope we get a good crowd down on saturday and hopefully 3 points.
COYG.

We’re lucky to have two such great guys steering the good 1874! ?
I am sure our well known superfan Tenby 87 (or whatever he called himself) would agree!
I agree with all of the above comments, especially that about crowd size. I doubt there were 200 there unless they counted everyone on the adjoining fields and missing season ticket holders. And from the noise levels there was only one team being supported for most of the game.

Well what a performance that was last night. I thought we played brilliantly and controlled the game from start to finish. Everyone of the lads put in a shift and they all deserved the man of the match. Special mention to Joe Woolley who scored a screamer and had a great game out wide, to Foulds and Jones who were solid at the back, Ethan who I thought was exceptional and Jake Parker in the midfield. Too many names to mention as they were all so good!

The most encouraging thing was we created chances and probably looked our sharpest from an attacking sense all season. Arguably our best display to date. We deserved to win by a few goals. Very encouraging win and quite a few games coming up now against bottom half sides that should give us a chance to record some more wins and pull away from the bottom area of the league.

Play like that and we’ll be fine. Fantastic support last night also. Onto Saturday now and hopefully another win and decent crowd!

Last edited:
Back