• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Chadderton Updates

Thanks for the update chat facility Edge, first time I've been around to partake of it. Just like the "old days". And an excellent result given we went 0-1 down early on. And perhaps just as important, a continued excellent following I am guessing, since 195 is more than 3 times Chadderton's normal home gate. I think we can say we have momentum ...

Just also clearly need to stick away some of these many chances, if others in the league are banging in 7 or 8 goals!

How many 1874'ers made the trip today

Excellent performance today apart from a slow start in the first ten minutes.

If any of the shots that hit the post/bar had gone in it the scoreline would have better represented our dominance.

Appears that this team is getting better and better every game. Another fantastic win, we need to keep this momentum going. No reason why we can't challenge at the top of the league even if it is early in the season yet.

Superb today. Apart from the first 10-15mins when we were awful, we grew into the game.
Second half was virtually one way traffic.
Has been mentioned hit the woodwork 4 times could have been a rout.
Playing like that could challenge at the top easily.
Glad to say we're looking a lot more balanced at last

Onwards and upwards...

Last edited:
We're getting better every game. Very good result against a good side. 150+ following again. Fantastic!

Another good away day. The Chadderton folks are a really friendly bunch and made us extremely welcome. I hear that the pies and the hot pot went down a treat!

Great performance, could have scored more but for woodwork, would have loved to see Ste Crane's long range effort go in. One or two of the lads have pulls and strains, but still showed what they can do. Again, the turn out from the greens was awesome and I know that the Manager and the players really appreciate it.

Lovin' it :scarf:

worst side we have played this season by far
Disagree, they had won 4 of thir previous 5 so not a bad side, and hassled us out of the game for the first 15 mins.
Good adjustment by the players and the second half was probably the best half of football we've played this season so far.
The opposition is only as good as you let them play and we didnt let them!!

Back