• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Carl Grimshaw

Ben

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jul 28, 2013
Seen on Twitter that Vics have signed him.

Official? Have Vics tweeted this?

Great that they are giving youth a chance?

Reactions: Ben
Interesting signing, which presumably intended to challenge Skem and Wythenshawe for that push toward that play-off spot behind Macc. Obviously none of our business who they sign though, it’s their money after all.

Good luck to him, sideways move at best. Not the man for us, age against him and probably one significant injury away from his last game. We need to look to the younger end of market….maybe a loan player from a higher level club. COYG

Good luck to him, sideways move at best. Not the man for us, age against him and probably one significant injury away from his last game. We need to look to the younger end of market….maybe a loan player from a higher level club. COYG
He’s from Wilkes usual recruiting area (around Preston) so no surprises there. Another of many from the same area that have played for Vics since he took charge (Barski, Darr etc). He’s a proven goal scorer at their level so it’s a pretty sound signing imho.

But having said that, he’s no spring chicken and I’ve never been impressed by him when we’ve played Charnock. Then again, he’s always been against Jonah and our last 2 games against them finished 5-0 so it’s pretty hard to shine when your team is being taken to the cleaners….

It will be interesting to see how things pan out for him and Vics?

Just one question who have we signed ? to score goals ?

Last edited:
Toddy i’m confident that we’ll sign the right player who suits our requirements and budget, along with a ‘74 ethos; hopefully that will be soon.

Back