• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Bury

AFC Bury head towards the NPL. Meanwhile, Bury FC aren't allowed into the counties. And Gigg Lane is owned by a third entity.

Is that right?

AFC Bury head towards the NPL. Meanwhile, Bury FC aren't allowed into the counties. And Gigg Lane is owned by a third entity.

Is that right?
Lord only knows Edge! A bigger mess than football in Northwich. And that is saying something 😳

Can they get a merger approved by the start of next season or are all parties a bit optimistic?

Optimism or panic that the grants will be lost?

Optimism or panic that the grants will be lost?
Panic that the 200 odd who scuppered the first or panic that AFC members will decide they can’t trust the FC dissenters 🤷🏼‍♂️

Bury FC (not the football club) & Bury Football Club Supporters' Society issue a statement talking about insolvency if the vote is a no

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Desperate desperate stuff. Too much ill feeling has been allowed to take hold between the two groups with seemingly no one prepared to attempt to coral its members opinion in a little. Sadly I think it’s a bit too deep rooted now to get the joint project over the line.

But where will they start?
Presumably it will be in the NWCL Premier.

According to BBC Sport they have £450,000 from Bury Council and £850,000 from the government's Leveling up fund??? This merger lark seems appealing!!

Doesn't seem very level to me??

They will be in Step 5, no question. Probably at Radcliffe come August - 4g pitch for Gigg won’t be laid in time.

There is still big big hurdles to negotiate such as electing a Board; the rancour between the two factions won’t just disappear because the majority voted “yes”. It’s not going to as straightforward as some might think I’m guessing.

Back