• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Burscough tonight is off

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Waterlogged pitch apparently.
Irlam v Bootle also off & no doubt a few more

I realise that messages were sent quite quickly in succession this afternoon. When the first text went out, the pitch had been checked earlier in the day and it was spot on and had been marked out ready. We then planned to give it every chance by inspecting again later this afternoon however in the meantime, the heavens completely opened and we knew we were onto a hiding to nothing. So we got organised and checked it earlier and called it off.

Why does the rain come so hard on matchday!!!!

What I would say is that the decision to postpone is made that bit harder, because of the good condition of the pitch. As we have seen tonight, most facilities at our level and just above, find it hard to cope with the amount of rain that came down late afternoon but even when it has rained or only rained a little, Townfield is in really good nick and recovers well. That's thanks to the hard work and constant TLC from the folks who work on it, led by Mike at Barnton and especially by his partner in crime Dave Edwards. Plus the expert help and guidance from Tim (via Steve Richardson). There's been days when I don't think a game would be on and the pitch has been ace. So thanks to everyone! It will only get better, as more work and resource is put in.

Back