• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Bootle Saturday 5th March

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
Info on Bootle for those who want it. I haven't looked into pubs as I am sure that those of you keen enough will already have that well in hand! Do share with the rest of us in case others want to try a decent pub please.

ClubBootle FC
Game DateSaturday 5th March
Game time3.00pm
Ground addressBerry Street Garage Stadium, Vesty Road, Bootle, L30 1NY
Home coloursBlue shirts, Blue shorts and Blue socks.
DirectionsFrom Northwich, about 30 miles and 50 minutes (using Mersey Gateway bridge), about 40m and 50mins (M6 over Thelwall). Take M57 to end, where turn left onto A59. After approx.. 1m turn left at traffic lights into Park Lane. After approx. ½ mile turn right at traffic lights into Bridle Road. Take 2nd left (at traffic lights) into Vesty Road. Ground is at the top of the road.
Parking facilitiesLimited on ground. Street parking (watch for double yellow lines) and in some of the local building car parks.
Railway stationAintree (0.7miles)
Bus58 Liverpool -> Netherton (Bridle Road / Hereford Road stop 0.2miles)
Admission Prices£8 Adults / £4 Concessions / Under 16s free per accompanying adult
Programme price£2
Disabled access and toiletsYes. Wheelchair access to Bootle Bucks enclosure
CarersFree admission for carers
Food at groundYes. Outlet adjacent to clubhouse.
Drinks at groundBottles and Keg (Taps not pumps). Plastic glasses only outside.
Local restaurantsVarious restaurants located near to the racecourse (0.7 miles, by railway station)
Are dogs allowedYes. Well behaved dogs in outside areas
Local pubsNot looked into
Local places of interestAintree Racecourse

Info on Bootle for those who want it. I haven't looked into pubs as I am sure that those of you keen enough will already have that well in hand! Do share with the rest of us in case others want to try a decent pub please.

ClubBootle FC
Game DateSaturday 5th March
Game time3.00pm
Ground addressBerry Street Garage Stadium, Vesty Road, Bootle, L30 1NY
Home coloursBlue shirts, Blue shorts and Blue socks.
DirectionsFrom Northwich, about 30 miles and 50 minutes (using Mersey Gateway bridge), about 40m and 50mins (M6 over Thelwall). Take M57 to end, where turn left onto A59. After approx.. 1m turn left at traffic lights into Park Lane. After approx. ½ mile turn right at traffic lights into Bridle Road. Take 2nd left (at traffic lights) into Vesty Road. Ground is at the top of the road.
Parking facilitiesLimited on ground. Street parking (watch for double yellow lines) and in some of the local building car parks.
Railway stationAintree (0.7miles)
Bus58 Liverpool -> Netherton (Bridle Road / Hereford Road stop 0.2miles)
Admission Prices£8 Adults / £4 Concessions / Under 16s free per accompanying adult
Programme price£2
Disabled access and toiletsYes. Wheelchair access to Bootle Bucks enclosure
CarersFree admission for carers
Food at groundYes. Outlet adjacent to clubhouse.
Drinks at groundBottles and Keg (Taps not pumps). Plastic glasses only outside.
Local restaurantsVarious restaurants located near to the racecourse (0.7 miles, by railway station)
Are dogs allowedYes. Well behaved dogs in outside areas
Local pubsNot looked into
Local places of interestAintree Racecourse
The CoL fans we talked to at Barnton CC before last Saturday’s game recommended the following place as the best local watering hole to Bootle’s ground.

Two down but pulled out back to be level at the break.
But Bootle take the points with a 70th minute winner

i thought the lads put a shift in yesterday after an awful start, we were undone by a decent but of football but could have easily got an equaliser, i think although still one of the best our away support is reducing which is worrying, also great credit to the ref i thought she was spot on and took no messing about, pity lots of the others are not at that standard.
Same application next week please and we may get something.
See you all saturday.

Reactions: Ben
Much improved performance from Tuesday night but that wasn’t difficult. Did well to come back from 2 goals down at half time and generally played well in first half. Didn’t think we were quite as good in second half and the substitutions didn’t improve our play. Had chances though but need to take these if we are going to get points. Bootle are a decent side and took their goals well. Am concerned we don’t seem to ever change our tactics when substituting but many have said this before. Also imo need better cover at left back.
Support is definitely wavering both home and away so that’s another concern.
A word about the referee yesterday. She was the best I’ve seen all season.

A couple of praises for the ref above. My only grouse with her would be she was very slow with yellow cards. Some of the ball kicking away after a decision went against Bootle was ridiculous and there were at least 2 cynical fouls which were brushed over, especially when their 6 brought down Jack (or possibly Lucas) in full flight.
The last 5 or 10 minutes Jonah moved forwards and when he does he seems to panic defences more than any other of our players. Maybe we should do it more often?

Wasn't there so can't comment on performance but it's still another defeat and if you look at our last 3 games all of them were winnable and we've 1 point from those games, we're now at the stage where we need to start winning games otherwise we're going down it's as simple as that, what concerns me is the managers determination to keep doing the same thing despite it clearly not working ??

Wasn't there so can't comment on performance but it's still another defeat and if you look at our last 3 games all of them were winnable and we've 1 point from those games, we're now at the stage where we need to start winning games otherwise we're going down it's as simple as that, what concerns me is the managers determination to keep doing the same thing despite it clearly not working ??
Josh, I disagree about yesterday being winnable., although clearly all games are literally winnable. Bootle are well above us in the table and beat us 5-0 at home. In the end we nearly got a draw out of it which is more than I was expecting and Lucas hit the bar with a fierce right footed shot just before the final whistle. I left the ground a lot happier than I left Ramsbottom. The next 2 games are going to be difficult at Marine and Leek so i agree with your thoughts about needing to win some.

An awful start yet again. I believe we have let the first goal in on 21 occasions this season! Is this concentration or organisation?

Our first goal changed the match and our attitude. Confidence flowed throughout the team and a second came straight after. It was a shame half time got in the way.

Second half was frustrating as we got into some good situations but spurned the chances. Again a lapse in concentration let in their forward to score easily. The subs again were mystifying to me but predictable.

Some shout outs to Jack Irlam and Joe Wooley and Fenton who I thought had really good games.

It was certainly a massive improvement from Tuesday and deserved at least a draw.

Can't make it next week but will be at Leek nice and early!!

Josh, I disagree about yesterday being winnable., although clearly all games are literally winnable. Bootle are well above us in the table and beat us 5-0 at home. In the end we nearly got a draw out of it which is more than I was expecting and Lucas hit the bar with a fierce right footed shot just before the final whistle. I left the ground a lot happier than I left Ramsbottom. The next 2 games are going to be difficult at Marine and Leek so i agree with your thoughts about needing to win some.
Bootle only came up into the league with us and Rylands this season though (both well behind us in the final counties table) and both are having much better seasons than us which imo is a concern as they weren't that much better than us in the counties

........ it's still another defeat and if you look at our last 3 games all of them were winnable and we've 1 point from those games, we're now at the stage where we need to start winning games otherwise we're going down it's as simple as that ......
We need to start winning some games or we might be in danger of going down (the promotion/relegation play-off route perhaps ??‍♂️)
Some tough games coming up, but we need to ensure that at the very least we collect maximum points from Newcastle, Market Drayton and Kendal. That should keep us out of trouble.

Bootle only came up into the league with us and Rylands this season though (both well behind us in the final counties table) and both are having much better seasons than us which imo is a concern as they weren't that much better than us in the counties
Josh, there is a big difference in finances between ourselves and Rylands at least. The owner Stretham has pumped in significant cash and it shows. 1874 are not in that position and shouldn’t seek to be if sustainability remains our aim.
Don’t know enough about Bootle to comment.
Unfortunately we have to accept that certainly in the short to medium term at least, the club has reached its ceiling in terms of achievement. Over time with some fine under 21 prospects that ceiling may well rise ? For now though, as frustrating as it is, we have to accept we are treading water a bit and buckle up for the battle ahead. The same may well be true of next year too. Not what everyone wants to read perhaps, but it’s the reality of the situation. ??

The performance was much better than Tuesday. I felt we deserved a draw and we pushed well for an equaliser when Bootle went 3-2 up and they were hanging on a bit. The effort that struck the bar was unlucky. A good fightback from the lads from 2-0 down also.

However we can’t keep going behind like this in games and expecting to get results. The fact remains that we lost again, five defeats in our last six and four points from nine games since the new year. It’s worrying form and I see that Prescot won yesterday, which puts the gap between us and third from bottom Colne to five points. I do hope we don’t get dragged into a relegation battle.

Having watched every match bar 2 this season I’m afraid our form since Christmas has been abysmal . Unless there is a turn around in the way we set up ( it’s the same every game - very predictable) or we get a few slices of luck I can see us in the bottom four teams by the end of the season. At the moment I just can’t see us winning a game. And however people might not like me saying this several players are just not good enough at this level.
I know it’s difficult as we have strict budget that we are determined to keep to.

..... I can see us in the bottom four teams by the end of the season.
As unambitious as that sounds, fourth from bottom will do this season. Would love us to finish much higher, but that position would mean another tilt at it next season.
Obviously that doesn’t detract from the fact that there are playing issues to address of course.??‍♂️

Josh, there is a big difference in finances between ourselves and Rylands at least. The owner Stretham has pumped in significant cash and it shows. 1874 are not in that position and shouldn’t seek to be if sustainability remains our aim.
Don’t know enough about Bootle to comment.
Unfortunately we have to accept that certainly in the short to medium term at least, the club has reached its ceiling in terms of achievement. Over time with some fine under 21 prospects that ceiling may well rise ? For now though, as frustrating as it is, we have to accept we are treading water a bit and buckle up for the battle ahead. The same may well be true of next year too. Not what everyone wants to read perhaps, but it’s the reality of the situation. ??
It's the fact that both of those teams came up with us and are doing a lot better than us that's my problem, it's probably unfair to judge us against Rylands as like you said they have had money pumped into the club but it just seems that both Rylands and Bootle are miles ahead of us and we seem to have gone backwards imo (albeit in a harder league), of course the main objective of this season was always going to be to stay up whilst a number of our fans at the start of the season thought that we could finish mid table or higher (which to me was a little optimistic)

As unambitious as that sounds, fourth from bottom will do this season. Would love us to finish much higher, but that position would mean another tilt at it next season.
Obviously that doesn’t detract from the fact that there are playing issues to address of course.??‍♂️
Yes that would do but on current evidence it's difficult to see unfortunately but hopefully we can do enough between now and the end of the season to achieve that

Yes that would do but on current evidence it's difficult to see unfortunately but hopefully we can do enough between now and the end of the season to achieve that
Keep the faith, it will happen. It might only need to be wins against Newcastle, Market Drayton and Kendal to do it, albeit, like everyone else, i’d prefer that it all didn’t rely solely on those three fixtures.

Reactions: Ben
Keep the faith, it will happen. It might only need to be wins against Newcastle, Market Drayton and Kendal to do it, albeit, like everyone else, i’d prefer that it all didn’t rely solely on those three fixtures.
I reckon even if we were to win two against Market Drayton and Kendal and lose every other game, we’d probably be okay.

Then even if we do end up third from bottom, maybe PPG is likely to work in our favour. A lot would have to go wrong but totally get the worry as I share it also, especially with current form.

Reactions: Tez
Back