• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Bootle game

Yes agreed an excellent second half display after a fairly even first half, decent following and a good day out.
Yes more of the same tuesday please.

Comment from a Bootle supporter who stood by me, " That's how you play the game", says it all !!.

Great win and great support for the host club’s charitable initiative. This is a club heading in the right direction on and off the field. :bumhat:scarf:

Jonah subbed just after half time and Taylor appeared to be carrying a knock (although recvoered well for his second goal!) are slightly worrying. Otherwise, as said above, a great team effort. Also 2 good save by Tony to keep us in it in the first half. I think we would probably have lost that game this time last year.

Brilliant win yesterday against a team that I had down as a favourite to win the league (still think they'll get one of the top 3 spots) particularly after the defeat to Longridge and also going a decent amount of time without a game, another huge game on Tuesday and a big performance needed again to get us through the game and into the next round

Bootle will be up there at the end of the season.

Well I've just about come back down to earth now!

What a result! We really did go to town in the second half although I thought we did pretty well in the first. Yes Tony made two good saves but we really did take it to them again! Had so many brilliant comments from the Bootle supporters it was really appreciated.

We really have been so much more positive this season and are looking for shooting opportunities much more than last year. Some lovely football again was played by our lads and it is becoming really fruitful. I did say to Wayne at the end of last season that by playing too much "football" we won't win the league as I thought you needed to grind out hard fought wins. But he is making me eat my words and I am so pleased!! It's great to watch!

Just a note on Saturday about the @EliteRiffRaff and their contributions to their food bank collection. It was great to get a thank you from Bootle and if you could imagine 10-12 "merry" lads in Sainsburys local at Liverpool Central Staition buying pasta, beans, powdered milk, etc. all at the same time. Hillarious!!

See everyone tomorrow!

Back