• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Big coat day at 1874

Danebank Green

Legend
Aug 1, 2013
Steve Richardson has initiated another community initiative at 1874.
At our home game v Irlam on 30th December 1874 will be collecting coats,hats, scarves etc which will be passed on to Northwich Salvation Army for distribution to rough sleepers in the area. This is a one day collection but if you can not make the game but have items to donate please leave me a message on this thread. Thanks again in anticipation of your support.

Phil Burgess

Four big bags of coats, hats, gloves etc will be delivered to Salvation Army tomorrow. These being donations from the 1874 walking football group.

Donations being taken at our home game on 30th December. Let me know if you have something to donate but can not get to the game.

Saturday at the SLBS is Big Coat Day.
Recycle those Coats, Hats, Scarves and Gloves that you no longer require. We will collect and arrange delivery to our local Salvation Army who will redistribute to the areas Rough Sleepers and Homeless.
Remember Don't Bin it, Donate it.
1874 Northwich
working for the community, in the community.

Just heard fromVicki that although today’s match is off you can still bring coats etc to the ground at about 1pm

Hi Les/all

Sorry I confused you earlier (Les). The ground is now shut however if anyone is coming to the friendly at Egerton, then we can collect them there. If people can't make it and still want to donate, then we will provide further details asap.

Due to the postponement of today's game, our Big Coat Collection will be rescheduled for Saturday 13th January. Home to AFC Liverpool.
Thankyou to the supporters who brought donations to me today, I will arrange for these to be passed to the Salvation Army next week.

Just a reminder that the Big Coat ( gloves, hats, scarves, etc) collection will take place on Saturday 13th at our home game v AFC Liverpool. I will be at the games on Tuesday and thursday to take donations if you can not make Saturday.

Cheers Phil

Brilliant response. Thanks to all of our magnificent fans who have donated to this appeal. Steve has a van full to deliver next week!!!!!

Just want to reiterate Phil's words. The response to our Big Coat Appeal has been tremendous. I don't have a final number of items donated, but it must be well over 100. The donations will be passed to the Northwich Salvation Army early next week. They really are very appreciative, explaining to me that due to wear and tear on their clothes many rough sleepers really appreciate the chance of a " new " winter coat.
This is definitely one appeal that we will look to repeat on an annual basis.

Last edited:
Back