• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Barlick tonight. (20th March 18)

Alan Riding

Too much time on my hands
Jul 31, 2013
A real well done to everyone tonight. Patience paid off tonight. Some great football just wasn't getting the reward for quite a while.
The final ball or shot just wasn't there for the first half but we certainly kept at it and we rewarded with a comfortable win in the end.
A great preparation for Saturday and hope Connors will be OK.
See everyone then.

Played brilliantly, especially that second half. Roll on Saturday

Spot on above second half performance was excellent. Lets hope for more of the same Saturday.

See you all then hopefully and lots of others

Great result in the end but need to play better than the first half on Saturday as if not it could be over by half time but lets hope not. Really hope Paul is out for Saturday because he had an excellent game and we need him as one of our key players.

We were the better team from start to finish and in the first half the final ball just wasn't coming off but we stuck at it and got the goals in the end, thought Ryan Jackson was brilliant last night and although most things he tried went wrong for him in the first half he kept going and deserved his two goals, not sure what's going on with our league crowds atm but the lads deserve a lot better than they're getting, huge game now on Saturday and just hope Paul Connor is ok to play

Reactions: Ben
I thought we were solid first half not letting Barlick get into the game and were getting into the final third with ease, but the final ball was letting us down. Second half we were much better with the final ball and had a lot more shots on goal from that and if it weren’t for their keeper, we would’ve scored more than 3.

Ryan Jackson, my MOTM. As said before, it wasn’t quite happening for him in the first half, but he didn’t shy away and kept persisting and deservedly got his 2 goals. He’s done well since he’s come back from a lengthy injury layoff and it gives us that squad depth that we’ll be needing for the next 6 weeks with the amount of games we have.

Sets us up nicely for Saturday, hopefully we’ll be celebrating to the final and a day out at Wembley. :scarf:

Game of two halves...nothing came off in first half, too many aimless balls.....second half, once we scored, was complete opposite filled with some great passing, movement and finishing.
Dont agree with the above motm mentions, thought Ryan was pretty poor first half. I think this should go to someone playing well for a full 90mins and for me that man was Matt Woolley.
Always in the right place defensive wise and some great passing, tackling and spreading the wall around to start the attacks.
Player of the season so far for me and certainly my motm.

For Saturday I think get 1 and we'll get more. Really confident after last night. Interesting team selection in that most will be playing this Saturday.

The reason for a much better 2nd half performance last night was that the lads played much quicker football with more purpose and played a much better pressing game higher up the pitch. We seem to always play better when kicking downhill 2nd half and we do not play with as much tempo in the 1st half of games. I would be interested to know how many more goals this season have we have scored in the 2nd half as compared with the number of goals scored in the 1st half to perhaps prove a point. One thing is for sure is that on Saturday we must take the game on straight away and put Thatcham under tremendous pressure right from start to get the all important first goal. I am sure that with the backing of a big crowd on Saturday that we will win the game convincingly as long as we play with determination and above all without fear. Up the 1874!

For Saturday I think get 1 and we'll get more. Really confident after last night. Interesting team selection in that most will be playing this Saturday.

I’m glad of the team selection for a few reasons:

- Good to get out and dust themselves off after Saturday and build some confidence

- Get out there and practice scoring some goals (just what we’ll need Saturday)

- Thirdly, we still have a league campaign, no reason we can’t get that 2nd spot!!!

Wayne and Paul got the selection spot on

Was it part of a cunning plan to play pretty much the starting XI for Saturday & then keep it tight first half before being more expressive in the second as a practice for Thatcham?

Back