• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Away to Lancaster City

Not quite the game you wanted, Chris, in fact much tougher. I'm sure the lads will be up for it.

Lets hope we can get 200+ supporters up there to back the lads and cause an upset.

Very tough draw but will be a great away day. Bring it on!

I'm wondering about a bus and how many would be interested as to whether we could even get a big one. I don't know if John or Vicki could comment on this.

For the drinkers among us, I contacted CAMRA locally and got an interesting answer given below. My problem now is how to get this into a form for the programme but I thought it might be useful for you.

"Nothing near the ground, in fact nothing west of the railway line. If you leave the station in the other direction, you're into the town centre and loads of choice. See the GBG and http://lunesdale.camra.org.uk/pubsetc/aletrail2019.pdf. Note that the Britannia and the Butcher n Tonic are shut, the Tap House no longer has a "fantastic range of real ales" and the Robert Gillow has been renamed the Jailor's (sic) Barrel. Coming from the south in Scotforth there's the Wobbly Cobbler, well worth a visit but it's a micropub so won't be able to accommodate a coachload. For a large party consider the Boot & Shoe, if and only if you like JW Lees beers, they have good selection. Both of these can be found on WhatPub.

I don't know what it is about Northwich but in the days when the football club played in the same league as Morecambe, I used to get emails from a supporter wanting drinking advice."

I'm going to obtain some quotes in the morning and then see where we go. Happy to book a coach(es), just need it to be supported so that we don't lose the club money! It can be a tricky one, as our away following is fantastic and I expect a couple of hundred (plus) to be there however everyone is so used to going by car.

The other thing to say is that, whilst we would aim to be there in very good time, to allow supporters to 'stretch their legs' before the game, it wouldn't be a typcial 'Riff Raff' start time of liquid breakfast at 7am!!!! :p

For the drinkers among us, I contacted CAMRA locally and got an interesting answer given below. My problem now is how to get this into a form for the programme but I thought it might be useful for you.

"Nothing near the ground, in fact nothing west of the railway line. If you leave the station in the other direction, you're into the town centre and loads of choice. See the GBG and http://lunesdale.camra.org.uk/pubsetc/aletrail2019.pdf. Note that the Britannia and the Butcher n Tonic are shut, the Tap House no longer has a "fantastic range of real ales" and the Robert Gillow has been renamed the Jailor's (sic) Barrel. Coming from the south in Scotforth there's the Wobbly Cobbler, well worth a visit but it's a micropub so won't be able to accommodate a coachload. For a large party consider the Boot & Shoe, if and only if you like JW Lees beers, they have good selection. Both of these can be found on WhatPub.

I don't know what it is about Northwich but in the days when the football club played in the same league as Morecambe, I used to get emails from a supporter wanting drinking advice."
Merchants on the way from the station to the city centre would be a great first / last stop. Beautiful vaulted building and has had great beer for the last 35 years since I visited regularly as a student.

Golden Lion in Dalton Square ditto. Three Mariners by the bus stop second ditto. Will do some more research and come back with further info. But in short, I don’t think that we can go wrong! ?????

Back