• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Avro away 5-10-19 thread

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Two points dropped judging by twitter.

Only judging from Twitter but it seems this is another game that should have been dead and buried but for not being able to take chances. This seems to have been a common theme for quite a while now.

Is now the time to try and bring in another striker (easier said than done, I know) and change the formation so that when chances fall, there is a goal scorer there to take them? It also would take some pressure off McGowan.

Yes should have been well over with the play we had, their keeper made a few saves but this is definitely 2 points dropped, a bit like last week really

I could repeat my comments of last weeks game word for word. So many chances not put away. Been the case in too many games already (Prestwich Heys, Whitby , Skelmersdale and even some we scored a few Charnock Richard eg).
Lovely approach play but nowhere near clinical enough. I still think we are far too lightweight up front with no natural goalscorer other than Scotty. Other teams at the top of the league seem to score far more freely.
Must start to put chances away or we will lose ground and hopes for success will disappear.
Can’t fault effort though.

Just lacking a bit of ruthlessness up front.

Surprised no one has mentioned their no. 5, he was an absolute disgrace today.

Yes forgot to mention him. Rarely seen a more disagreeable individual on a football pitch.

Any other day we win that 5/6-0

Get some key players back from injury and we’ll be full strength again

Results went our way today, so deffo 2 points dropped, however, win our games in hand we go top????????????

In a great place, win on tuesday and that will be 7 wins from 9 in the league, great start????????????

This from one of the AVRO supporters to me on leaving the game, " I have watched all of our games both Home and Away and 74 are the best team I have seen, should have been over by half time ", that says it all !!.

Outstanding performance ...... James Ormrod. Surprised nobody has mentioned this.

The rest has really been said. We are still creating more than enough chances to win these games. Couldn't really see them scoring but you are always vulnerable at 1-0. Surely should have been out of sight after their best player got sent off incorrectly in my opinion.

We need either a goalscorer or shooting practice.

See everyone tomorrow at the curry night or Tuesday the match.

If our aim is to win the league you need to score 100 goals going by previous tables. If Scott is 35 goals a season, I don't see 65 goals in the rest of this team.

Yesterday we lost the ball too many times from silly individual mistakes. We have a lot of players not at their best all at the same time.

One positive was Ormorod who had his best game for us by far.

Obvious to me not enough natural goalscorers other than Scotty and he s been marked out of the game by defences this season on a number of occasions. If not rectified it will cost us I think. Hope I’m wrong as the approach play has been good. Just let down by finishing.

The inability to finish games off always comes back to haunt you. Thankfully it didn't last week but did again yesterday and will continue to happen throughout the season. We play some brilliant football and always create bags of chances but we need to start putting matches to bed, hopefully starting on Tuesday night.

Early indications are that no one is going to completely run away with the league so we need to continue picking points up - all in all we've made a great start.

If our aim is to win the league you need to score 100 goals going by previous tables. If Scott is 35 goals a season, I don't see 65 goals in the rest of this team.

Don’t think that’s required this year. Don’t think there’s any team that will run away with it this year.

Consistency will be key. Win at home and draw away then we’ll be up there come April.

Certainly looks like an open league this season. In previous years Runcorn’s start would’ve meant an uphill struggle to catch up, but they’re still very much in with a shout.

Back