• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

When Carl Macauley was appointed there was disappointment bordering on disdain, it was on your own forum.
That's not quite correct Kit, people were disgruntled with the way in which the appointment was handled by the club not the appointment itself. There were strong rumours that Pritch had already been given the job only for a U-turn to be made at the last minute. Very few had a problem with the actual appointment of Carl and it has ultimately proved to be a good decision by the club.

There’s no crisis at Witton. A handful of disgruntled unrealistic fans certainly, but a mid-table finish is on the cards. The few who have questioned whether the job is too much for Macaulay need to be careful what they wish for ..... it could still be Dundas.

I see Witton packed them in at Runcorn tonight 97.

I’m pretty sure a few seasons ago when we had a last minute midweek friendly at Runcorn a few years ago there was more there than that...

That's right Andy on 1-10-2013 in a Friendly at Runcorn Town the gate was 98.

Looks like the Mid-Cheshire Senior Cup will be the main target for the Albion this season after to-day.
Yes and good to see Northwich's two biggest clubs paired in the semi Toddy. Witton Albion v Barnton should be a cracker :D

I see WHS on the Witton Forum he hopes they play the Green Slime(his words not mine)in the Mid-Cheshire cup final so they get a good gate.For a man who writes in Our Town to insult his fellow Northwich residents by calling them Slime is disgraceful.

So was his comment to someone to whom I was speaking at Cenotaph after the ceremony recently which was " I would rather vote for that lot in Brussels than the bunch we have in London" seemed to forget that we had just paid our respects to those who had prevented two previous attempts to dominate us by those he was supporting !!.

Nice quote from CJ in regards to reaching the mcsc final:
'Onto the final even though its a nothing cup we might show a bit more interest in it this year.'
If its such a 'nothing cup' why would you show interest?
Funny thing is, i thought they showed 'a bit more interest' two years ago when they put their first team out in the final!!!
That went well!! :p.
Will they be able afford to put a team out by then?? Who knows ;).

If we do play them I hope its at WP, Better atmosphere and a good green turnout.
Does WHS even go to games but on the other hand do I care............No

Going by the number of Wittoner's who turned up at last years final,if it's at Winsford they wouldn't fill a mini-bus.

Would not be going Charliebel,would not want to spread slime on your ground.By the way Charliebel,what do you think of WHS calling us all green slime,is that acceptable to you as banter or down right insulting?.
Maybe he should read of all the good work and fundraising the green slime has done in the local community and is continuing doing.

I wouldnt use those words but thats me. Can understand you not wanting to come to our place because I wouldnt go to the Drill Field in the old days.
Likewise we do a lot for good causes and long may it continue.
Was good to see both clubs represented at Witton Church Remembrance day service.

Back