• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

I might be wrong but I don't think Stafford have won at home in the league this season.

You may be right, but as you will find in years to come non league football isnt what it used to be and will only get harder.
Given the start of the two Runcorn sides and quality they've shown it will be an achievement to get yourselves moving this season.
Given what we have in place already I'd be quite happy to stay where we are.

Sadly true re NL in general, but you must admit to being a little disappointed at the lack of support for a relatively successful team at WP.

Our problem is not so much the 2 Runcorns as the difficulty we have actually fitting in any league games amidst the cup runs. But that's a nice problem to have.

Couldn't agree more Alan.
Yes it is disappointing that we cant attract bigger crowds but its the way things are now , the main problem being such close proximty to four premier league clubs and the amount of live televised football.
When I was a kid I couldnt wait to get to the Central Ground . Unfortunately thats no longer the case.

Your point regarding the cup runs is a problem we encountered last season. Yes cup runs are exciting and bring in much needed cash however you dont want teams getting to far ahead regarding points.
It happened to us with Shaw Lane last year and in the end it was just one step to far. Fortunately we had the playoffs which is a luxury you dont have ( I must say I find that harsh that only one team goes up).
The old saying unfortunately tends to be true , that youd rather have points in the bag than games in hand.

What's killing NL football is a lot of fans have there local NL team as there second team. 20 years ago if yr PL team was away you'd go watch your NL team. Now you just find a stream and watch yr PL team play.

Not the only Wittoner to close their eye's especially when Mr Rushe was paying Vics rent,Charliebel.

Setting up a few open goals with your recent comments, Charliebel! ;)

Cant see why. , If People are after a comment from me regarding the groundshare then they'll be waiting a very long time. I'm not a Board member.
The Central Ground was a very special place to a lot of people especially me . I'm fortunate we can still walk around the site of the old ground.

Cant see why. , If People are after a comment from me regarding the groundshare then they'll be waiting a very long time. I'm not a Board member.
The Central Ground was a very special place to a lot of people especially me . I'm fortunate we can still walk around the site of the old ground.
Was forced to go to the Central Ground to watch the brother-in-law play....still makes me shiver!!
Never wipe my feet going in Sainsbury's....makes me feel better lol!!

The Dog and Duck team beat a side three Leagues above them,the mighty Albion lose to a team from one League below in the F,A.Cup.Just a fact.

The Dog and Duck team in the Dog and Duck league gate 294.the mighty Albion two leagues higher 244.Just a fact.

And still getting bigger gates than the Albion.Just a fact.

How many City of Liverpool fans then. Good to see An ex Wittoner amongst the goals by the way

Last edited:
Yes !, but he did not "brag" about it !!. On another point why are the "Scouse" teams so good at play acting, all deserve "Oscars".

Pity the Witton players don't get among the goal's when they play us,3-0,4-1,

Last edited:
Back