• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

Thats a solitary comment Toddy ,he certainly doesnt speak for me as a Wittoner.
If it is beneficial to all concerned then its got to be an avenue thats explored.
Weather its right for all concerned well thats a different matter, but unless its looked at we will never know.

Amused by one of their comments " with the money we make from them we can buy another nine players" !!,. Cannot afford to pay the one's they already have !!

There's desperation, and then there's utter desperation ...

This from the WA forum this afternoon:
Heard a rumour at the weekend , that a certain Jim Rushe ( don't take as gospel ) is interested in becoming our next chairman, ( he might have a ''few bob'' ), now that would be a interesting situation, him dealing with 1874

Or of course it could be a wind-up, though given the few posters on there, they don't need much encouragement to get into a huff with each other and the world.

Wonder what they mean by "dealing with 1874" ?? Wasn't' that, that meant he could live for a while whilst not paying any rent ?

Wind-up tactics I'm sure to maybe scare us off the idea of groundsharing with them...

You are right Charlieble, but comments like that don't instil trust.
Some will have been reacting to comments on here from some of your fans in the last few weeks (granted it was only a few) regarding their refusal to buy a beer in the club, buy anything at the tea bar or even attend your game on Sunday. Can hardly blame said Wittoners for getting their backs up to be honest after offering our home to you for a big game like that.

regarding their refusal to buy a beer in the club, buy anything at the tea bar
And??...last time i looked people still had freewill!!?...or have the PC squad taken that away too!??

And??...last time i looked people still had freewill!!?...or have the PC squad taken that away too!??
Just making the point that there are as many Wittoners as there are 1874 fans (if not more) that would never want to see any long term ground share deal just like you don't. Its not all about you that's my point.

Just making the point that there are as many Wittoners as there are 1874 fans (if not more) that would never want to see any long term ground share deal just like you don't. Its not all about you that's my point.

The alternative is both clubs probably going broke before long which doesn't help anyone so whether a few people like it or not is irrelevant really as its the best interests of both clubs that need to come first

Why is the basic assumption in all these discussions that the people going into bat for both 1874 and WAC are complete numpties who don't know company law and can't ask for professional advice where they are are on unsure ground ? Given the discussion on here, the WAFC forum and discussions in town streets one would think that no one was aware of company law, contract negotiation or the basic principles of what an equitable agreement looks like! Stop treating the boards of both clubs like idiots and we may get somewhere close to where we all want and need to be. There are professional people in both clubs and they all know what "good and legal" looks like and are aware of their responsibilities to both and each others clubs. Rant over - hope you enjoyed WP (the swamp) on Sunday and all the efforts made by WP staff to make sure everything was as good as it could be !

Why is the basic assumption in all these discussions that the people going into bat for both 1874 and WAC are complete numpties who don't know company law and can't ask for professional advice where they are are on unsure ground ? Given the discussion on here, the WAFC forum and discussions in town streets one would think that no one was aware of company law, contract negotiation or the basic principles of what an equitable agreement looks like! Stop treating the boards of both clubs like idiots and we may get somewhere close to where we all want and need to be. There are professional people in both clubs and they all know what "good and legal" looks like and are aware of their responsibilities to both and each others clubs. Rant over - hope you enjoyed WP (the swamp) on Sunday and all the efforts made by WP staff to make sure everything was as good as it could be !
Because the vast majority of fans of both clubs will not be particularly interested in company law and, ultimately, they just want what is best for their football clubs. Like it or not every club throughout the land is nothing without said fans that support them week in week out (company law admirers or not).

I don't think anyone here is doubting the professionalism and intellect of both boards. Just that there are so many other issues in many other areas that would need to be ironed out for any agreement to ever be reached. Recent posts on both forums have clearly highlighted this.

Last edited:
I’ll keep this simple ;).
Firstly, I’ve never seen anyone slag the board off for the decision of playing at wi**on. It’s what had to be done, was a good choice and served its purpose. Some of us weren’t happy our cash was going to you lot, but it did.....it didn’t mean we have to go to the game waving our wallets at wi**on!!

As for future agreements, I’ve made how I feel clear, but just for you.......
I would agree to a 50/50 ground ownership (but I know that’s way beyond our current financial boundary)
I don’t want to and wouldn’t be happy renting from wi**on. For me it’s going back to the old vics days of being reliant on having to trust the old enemy and having spoken to the wi**oners I work with, they don’t want us there and they don’t know many who do....so it’s not just ‘a few’ on the forum!.

I went on Sunday against my principles because.....
A. The team deserved the support.
B. As a mark of respect to a fine gent.
I never had any intention of contributing to wi**on coffers, (which was all about me and my personal choices), if others were happy to do so that was indeed their choice and I hope they enjoyed the day.
Whatever happens (if anything), in the future I’m sure will be done in the interest of both clubs. Whether people from either side can live with that is, in fact, ‘all about them’ as individuals and what they decide is acceptable.

Oh, and just to be even clearer, the above refers to ground issues. Anything charity wise that both clubs want to go forward on, even as a joint venture, I would support whole heartedly.....hell, I’d even put a quid in your bucket (provided your not collecting for WAFC!). :D

There is a post on our forum from Mark Harris which is well worth a read.
It clears up a lot of points which is what we need.

Do Wittoner's still think we are a Dog and Duck team,now we are in the Quarter Finals of a national competition?in which over 600 team's entered.

Back