• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

Mark,
As also brought up at the AGM was the fact that the cost of buying land the cost of preparing the land for a football Stadium costs are NOT within the clubs ability, buying and preparing are another matter as was also said !!.

I didn't hear that, I'm pretty sure it wasn't said either? Otherwise why did they look so carefully into bidding on the Runcorn Road site?

Besides all that, do you really think Lostock had £600,000 sat in the bank for their changing rooms? When you have the land you open up all sorts of options for grants/matched funding etc. Just look at Barnton - they have an Evostik graded ground with little more than some floodlights, a few portakabins and some scaffold stands.

Just a fact on 1874 gates compared to last season the average for the first 7 league gates is this season is 270 last season it was 225 an increase of 45.Inthe FA cup the home average is 370.The Vase home average is 266.So the fact is our gates are on the up in all competitions.
Last season's league average was 248. So far this season the 6 games against the clubs we played in the league last year is 266 compared to 254. A rise of 12. The gate against City of Liverpool I haven't included as there is no comparable fixture to compare it with.
My original point remains the same - football crowds in the area are decreasing overall and the the outlook for the future is not good whoever one supports.
I do think some co-operation between fans of both clubs over fundraising would gain more publicity and help to build a more favourable image of local football which club they choose to visit is then up to them.
Be interesting to see if there is any appetite for such a thing on Witton's forum.

Annual Supercup. Start using roman numerals like the Superbowl.
A charity chosen by each club to be represented for collections etc.
Sponsorship by lots of local businesses - shared 50/50 by the clubs.
When?? Last pre-season friendly for a reasonably meaningful encounter.
Where?? At Witton. Gate split right down the middle for the clubs.
Witton keep all bar profits but are magnanimous and allow both sets of clubs to run their half time draws.

Tinker away with the idea.....

Interesting idea Blackie.
Given that it’s only December, perhaps we could give some thought to a joint initiative - (local charity?) when we consider our future worthy cause for the coming year next Spring? ...... Just a thought.

There is very little communication on Wittons forum apart for a return to a Tom Stelfox figure or a rich Emir to take the club on.
The irony is that there is more interest and conversation about Wittons plight on this forum than on Wittons.
Isn't Jim free soon?

So...we need to work with Wi**on fans like...

WHS. On their forum stating they wont be able to replace their chairman unless its with someone with money who he reckons will be called Abdul or Mohammed!!!. Plus also a dig at Andrew Simpson for reporting their supporters meeting news claiming he "doesn't like them"!!
All the full page spreads Simmo has given them and the amount of coverage and still he's not happy!!
Obviously wants the "easy fix" and has no respect for the hard work put in by everyday people!

CJ.
The guys who states the club belongs to the fans, but in the same post wants new blood (A new chairman), with money to take over!!!
What is it CJ, a fan owned club or owned by a chairman?? Me thinks the latter unless you have suddenly been registered as a fan owned club?
Plus he also wants to have a closed meeting with ex fans involved!! CJ, I know its probably your age but how would you have a closed meeting with any Tom, Dick or Harry attending who can claim to be an ex fan??!!

I know there are good people in the club but when there's also these idiots and plenty more where they came from involved how would we really be able to strike up a workable relationship??!!

Last edited:
as we appear to be a period of reconciliation with witton.I feel we at 1874 should be trying to help with the search for their new leadership.i think they should promote in-house.my dream team would be.
Chairman-WHS someone witton fans can look up to (not literally obviously)
Deputy -Swampy Flavell (a shining example to us all)
further suggestions welcome but please no Heightist or Bald jokes .Aye Thank You !

So...we need to work with Wi**on fans like...

WHS. On their forum ...... a dig at Andrew Simpson for reporting their supporters meeting news claiming he "doesn't like them"!!
All the full page spreads Simmo has given them and the amount of coverage and still he's not happy!!
Obviously wants the "easy fix" and has no respect for the hard work put in by everyday people!
Hopefully one of an isolated few who holds this view. Most Albion fans, I’m sure, appreciate the hard work put in and the excellent coverage (quite rightly as the club in seniority currently) they receive. Sadly there will always been some who just can’t see this; nothing will please them, however much coverage Simmo gives them.

I know there are good people in the club but when there's also these idiots and plenty more where they came from involved how would we really be able to strike up a workable relationship??!!
Posters on Internet forums are generally just a microcosm of a fan base. Certainly they can be a good way (sometimes) of taking a straw poll of opinion, but it would always be dangerous to just assume they hold the consensus of opinion within any club. IF both clubs want to work together in some capacity then it needs to start at a more formal level and then ideas/proposals presented to shareholders and fan owners respectively, for further discussion.

By having the courage to make the first move?
That is essentially the crux of it Pete :D:redcard

To be honest, with so many sporting exploits on a week to week basis to cover (not to mention the dwindling support for live football in the Mid-Cheshire generally), I think we should all count ourselves lucky to make any section of the backpage of the Guardian. Newspaper coverage is not a given right for any sports club. Times and tastes are changing and you have to earn your space of newsprint. That doesn’ just mean win a couple of games and then expect the sports editor to do the chasing for further content; with greater pressure on that backpage space, clubs (whatever their sporting prowess) need to step up and make that information freely available.

Support and respect your local paper and sports editor.

Just a fact on 1874 gates compared to last season the average for the first 7 league gates is this season is 270 last season it was 225 an increase of 45.Inthe FA cup the home average is 370.The Vase home average is 266.So the fact is our gates are on the up in all competitions.

To add to that - Our home league game average this year stands at 265 after 8 games. This is bucking our trend of decreasing league attendances since we formed.
13/14 - 320
14/15 - 307
15/16 - 265
16/17 - 248

To be fair to Witton,they were very friendly and helpful yesterday,and the game was very beneficial to both clubs.But we have an agreement with Winsford who also cooperate with us,they charge a very reasonable rent and the arrangement is also very beneficial to both clubs.So lets not forget without Winsfords help we would not be where we are today.
One comment on their forum to tell us to F--ck off,should be a warning of what some of them truly think.

Blimey Toddy, you are being fair to Witton! I do not understand why some of their fans should think like that about 74 of equally why some 74 supporters would choose to sing we all hate witton yesterday. We are a new club who were cheesed off by the antics of the old club's ownership and should have no problems with WItton or for that matter Vics. Time to bury a lot of old hatchets methinks - but there again I am not a Northwicher but an incomer (for 30+ years now).

To be fair to Witton,they were very friendly and helpful yesterday,and the game was very beneficial to both clubs.But we have an agreement with Winsford who also cooperate with us,
One comment on their forum to tell us to F--ck off,should be a warning of what some of them truly think.
What the Chairman, Board and shareholders of Witton Albion think is the crux of the matter;) ..... And of course that of the Board and owners of 1874.

Back