• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

All time 74 XI

That’s right Graham, the highlight of my career was playing for Wilton, and conceding three goals against Rhyl.

Keeper is sorted then.

Right full-back/wing back?

We have a good choice here. Paul Connor, Sammy Hind and Mike Koral have all done the job well. For sheer number of yards won (stolen) at throw ins PC wins by a mile (probably more if we are going to be literal), but overall I would give it to Mike. Like Sammy he was changed from playing further forward, was a good tackler and a good finisher (as was Sammy) when he got into a dangerous position.

We have a good choice here. Paul Connor, Sammy Hind and Mike Koral have all done the job well. For sheer number of yards won (stolen) at throw ins PC wins by a mile (probably more if we are going to be literal), but overall I would give it to Mike. Like Sammy he was changed from playing further forward, was a good tackler and a good finisher (as was Sammy) when he got into a dangerous position.
Mike Koral for me. Amazing!

Again a really tough one imo as Paul Connor would walk into any of the best teams in our league and probably most teams in the league or two above, but I'd have to just give it to Mike because of the way that he was able to transition from a winger to a top class full back so quickly

After much thought, I'm going for Connors. I just feel he's a better defender than Koral

I'll sort a poll out for the XI once we've gone through the positions a bit more.

Left full-back / Wing-back

Lee Duckworth or Matty Russell I'd say are the 2 realistic options for this slot

Looks like we don't need a poll for left back.

Centre halfs then - Do you go for a pairing or two that never played together?

“Pairing or two that never played together?”. Good question!!
Many of the club’s successful periods, have been as a result of having a strong and consistent pairing (eg. Ryan Mitchell and Jack Pritchard; or Mark Jones and Lee Jackson - who started their 1874 ‘journey’ as a midfielder & left back, respectively), this overlooks the contribution of other accomplished central defenders such as Danny Meadowcroft and others.
However, my vote goes to ‘Mitch & Pritch’.

Back