• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Admission next season

Greengage

Legend
Aug 17, 2021
This last season we and a handful of other clubs charged the lowest admission in the NPL west.. ie £8 per adult. I suspect this group of clubs may well increase the admission fee next season. Witton’s current fee is £11 for adults and many other NPL west clubs charge £10. Whilst I hope ours doesn’t go above £9 for every game the thought of categorising games came to mind…as league clubs often do. Whilst most games would be standard we have an opportunity maybe against Macc, Witton and Runcorn Linnets to generate a good bit more…say £10 admission. Likewise we could select 3 of the least attractive games…say Newcastle, Kidsgrove and Widnes for eg and charge the current £8. Food for thought….

Last edited:
It's a tough one. There are extra costs for hosting the bigger games but is it fair to hit the regular fans with a dearer price?
Some clubs in the Counties did it for Macc last season.

Maybe something to raise at the AGM?

Reactions: Tez
Cost of a season ticket needs to be made attractive too help with our home gates! Just charge the same as what Macclesfield charge for our fixture as our away support will have to pay 10 pounds plus when we visit them

Cost of a season ticket needs to be made attractive too help with our home gates! Just charge the same as what Macclesfield charge for our fixture as our away support will have to pay 10 pounds plus when we visit them
I think our season tickets were slightly on the expensive side last year. £128 for an adult ticket effectively gave you 3 games for nothing, not much of an incentive considering most of our fans are going to miss 2-3 home games anyway. Runcorn Linnets charged £95 last year for their adult tickets which probably accounted for their increased attendances. Witton charged £180 for an adult ticket…effectively giving 4.5 games for nothing although they did play 2 more home games in the NPL premier.
If our admission increases to £9 next season I hope we can manage to purchase season tickets which would give us 4 games for nothing…ie £135. I think we would sell more and get the interest up and running before the season starts…..good to debate this at the minute with living costs increasing. Maybe those local fans that usually travel to say Liverpool, Manchester or Stoke will stay nearer home next season and support the Greens…that would be wonderful for our club. COYG

Last edited:
The AGM is due be held in November and we’ll need to set the admission prices well ahead of this.

We were amongst the lowest re admission prices in the league next season so I think that, say, a 50p increase would not be unreasonable, particularly given the increased costs we incurred.

But one thing I think that we should most definitely do is to increase the admission prices for the three ‘big’ games v Macc, Witton and Linnets.

We’re likely to be charged this amount by them and we need to make as much income as we can from these three games. Furthermore, we might end up incurring extra costs in staging these games (extra stewards etc)

I believe that for the Macclesfield game we might have to move it to another ground because of the potential number of Macc fans.

I believe that for the Macclesfield game we might have to move it to another ground because of the potential number of Macc fans.
I doubt that, there were smaller grounds in the counties hosting them last year. We would almost certainly need to all-ticket it though.

With Linnets, Macc and Albion in the Division next year, assuming we have much say in the decision, who would we look to pair up with (if any) over the various Bank Holdays/Festive season? Perhaps we might conclude that the games would sell regardless of timing and be content with relatively local games such as Widnes etc?‍♂️

It would be interesting to see how much an adult season ticket is at Workington. We paid £12 to get into their place but they still get decent crowds. Do they make a season ticket that attractive it’s a no brainier to get one?

In terms off charging more for the Macclesfield game do you give a voucher for £2 off your next home game so you don’t penalise anyone from our club?

Just thoughts that is all

terrible suggestion that you increase prices for certain high profile games.these are the games that you should be trying to attract new supporters who hopefully will return .not trying to screw regular and possible new fans for a few extra quid.
When Vics did this last season, I understand that they lost out when regular supporters objected and stopped going to further matches.

Some great ideas on this thread. I’m all for looking at any ideas which potentially can increase attendances and bring more income into the club.

The fact is we had the fifth lowest average home attendance in the league this season and anything which can help improve this has to be worth looking at.

We do have to make the most of the fact we have three big derbies to look forward to next season against Macc, Witton and Linnets and that is a great opportunity for us to get fans through the turnstile which we need to take.

Last edited:
terrible suggestion that you increase prices for certain high profile games.these are the games that you should be trying to attract new supporters who hopefully will return .not trying to screw regular and possible new fans for a few extra quid.

I wouldn’t say that increasing the admission price from, say, £8 to £8.50 for these games is ‘screwing’ anyone. Indeed, I doubt very much that an additional 50p would be much of a disincentive to people attending these games. You can’t even buy a newspaper for this amount.

Some great ideas on this thread. I’m all for looking at any ideas which potentially can increase attendances and bring more income into the club.

The fact is we had the fifth lowest average home attendance in the league this season and anything which can help improve this has to be worth looking at.

We do have to make the most of the fact we have three big derbies to look forward to next season against Macc, Witton and Linnets and that is a great opportunity for us to get fans through the turnstile which we need to take.
And it’s also a big opportunity to generate some much needed income - as our interim financial forecasts show, we need to increase our income. I’ve not heard anyone coming up with any bright ideas as to how we might do this.

Last edited:
Hopefully a season ticket will result in 4 games
terrible suggestion that you increase prices for certain high profile games.these are the games that you should be trying to attract new supporters who hopefully will return .not trying to screw regular and possible new fans for a few extra quid.I
i don’t agree. Many clubs use this system and we should maximise our gate receipts in these 3 games which will anyway attract many away fans as well as our home regulars and home based fans who go occasionally or even home neutrals who may support bigger clubs. As I said earlier we can reduce the normal admission fee in 3 games against less attractive opposition which effectively looks after our hard core home regulars and compensates them in full. If normal admission is say £9 and we charge £10 in the 3 big games and £8 in the 3 smaller games then we stand to gain roughly £1500.
I’m basing this on the 3 big games totalling say 2300 -2400 and the 3 smaller games totalling 800-900…maybe a few more with the reduced admission. Obviously season ticket holders will reduce the difference slightly but overall it appears to be a win win. COYG

This last season we and a handful of other clubs charged the lowest admission in the NPL west.. ie £8 per adult. I suspect this group of clubs may well increase the admission fee next season. Witton’s current fee is £11 for adults and many other NPL west clubs charge £10. Whilst I hope ours doesn’t go above £9 for every game the thought of categorising games came to mind…as league clubs often do. Whilst most games would be standard we have an opportunity maybe against Macc, Witton and Runcorn Linnets to generate a good bit more…say £10 admission. Likewise we could select 3 of the least attractive games…say Newcastle, Kidsgrove and Widnes for eg and charge the current £8. Food for thought….
Why don't we charge £10 for games such as Witton and Macclesfield but give fans a voucher for £2 off the next game?

For me these days £10 is reasonable for the standard that we are playing at and by increasing the admission to this level should reward the club with increased revenue. I am not in favour of picking out games to charge more.

That said the price of season tickets and half season tickets (first half or second half) must be reasonable and give our own supporters the incentive to buy them(at least 4 free games for full season and 2 for half).

We simply cannot be fall behind all the other clubs.

£10 seems reasonable to me also for the level of football we’re playing at. I don’t think that would put fans off from attending. The spare £2 from a £10 note is only wasted in my case at least. Extra income would be generated for the club.

Definitely worth looking at making season tickets more attractive by reducing the cost and at least allowing another free game.

On another note, will the month while the World Cup is on be another really good opportunity to attract more fans during a period where Premier League clubs won’t be playing? Definitely something to think about.

Back