• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Admission next season

I think there is a good argument to increase admission to £10 for adults and fixed for the next 3 years.

I suggest £150 for an adult season ticket, that would give a season ticket holder give 4 free games or admission at £8 per game.

I would also suggest concessions at £8 but with the age reduced to 60 (in line with most other clubs in our league). The concession season ticket price would be £120.

Juniors to be allowed in for free up to the age of 16 ( as we needto increase our fan base with a younger demographic)

As an incentive to increasing our fan base long term, we could reduce the adult admission price for an adult to £8 if they bring a child with them. They would encourage parents to bring their kids with them on a match day

These are only my thoughts and for the board to consider. I am mindful that the club needs to improve the balance sheet without cutting costs. The only way to do that is to increase admission prices, but modifying the whole ticketing structure. We need to be competitive to stay in this league, particularly in these inflationary times, and unfortunately this cannot be done unless our existing and hopefully new fans are prepared to dig deep in their pockets

We need to improve our match day experience, but that is another topic for discussion. One suggestion would be to have our own bar with real ale served etc. That would encourage fans getting to the game early for a drink before and during a game and we would get the profits. I noted that Trafford had a drinks hut for their fans. No sure about the licensing but this would need to be checked if it is a good idea

Last edited:
terrible suggestion that you increase prices for certain high profile games.these are the games that you should be trying to attract new supporters who hopefully will return .not trying to screw regular and possible new fans for a few extra quid.
I wouldn’t see it as ‘being screwed’, I see it as the club making a bit of extra money to help support the huge costs and playing budget. I’d be surprised if many felt paying £2 extra was ‘screwing’ them, especially as we’ve just discussed how some clubs charge £11 every match.

lets hope captain mainwaring on the car park does not take the opportunity to raise his prices as well.and before someone says their are other places to park.not so easy if you are disabled or elderly while i appreciate raising prices for some its not a problem. for others especially now it is

Juniors to be allowed in for free up to the age of 16 ( as we needto increase our fan base with a younger demographic)

As an incentive to increasing our fan base long term, we could reduce the adult admission price for an adult to £8 if they bring a child with them. They would encourage parents to bring their kids with them on a match day
Presumably under 16’s would need to be accompanied by an adult? If it were a reduced price it could provide an incentive for those adults who previously didn’t attend, to make the effort to come along? At £8 it might encourage established ‘74 fans to bring along a neighbour’s child or bring along a young relative? I started watching Vics with my Dad, but when shiftwork got in the way my Uncle or Great Uncle picked up the slack,

A variation on the junior idea - parents of members of our junior teams get discounted season tickets.
Junior has to attend with them for it to be valid.

Some good points from Halvo.

I particularly like the idea of fixing the gate price for three years, or perhaps even two years, but on condition that if the club were promoted within that time period, or, perish the thought, relegated, that there would be scope to increase or decrease by a small amount to reflect the promotion/relegation.

Reactions: Tez
Rather than any price increases, I’d rather keep it at £8 and push to lift attendances.

Understand the cost of everything is rising, but that’s the same for fans. I genuinely think a rise would have a negative impact of attendances and ultimately the clubs pocket.

I don’t think we should pay much attention to what other clubs are doing, and focus on what we can do to get more people through the gate

I honestly don’t think we can afford to keep the gate price at £8. If we want to compete at this level then the admission has to reflect that. We are already struggling to raise funds after 2 years of covid and it will take time to organise events that will raise funds from people outside our hardcore fan base. In the meantime our regular fans will have to be prepared to pay a little more. £10 admission will still be amongst the lowest in the league and given the level we are playing at is not excessive. COYG

Back