• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

A win at last!!

Get in!!!!!!!! Nervous ending but hung on for the three points.

Mike Brandon, Lee Hendley and Adam Foy, 4 minutes from time.
Attendance was 147 with approximately 110/120 greens.

Fantastic..... shame I missed it but I guess that's the joy of working in retail.
Well done to the team today I know they were desperate for a win, after the huge buzz around our new start I'm sure they all felt under pressure to get that first win. I have no expectations this season from them it's just great to watch a team I believe in again. (But if they fancied winning the league I'd take it !!!)

Fantastic..... shame I missed it but I guess that's the joy of working in retail.
Well done to the team today I know they were desperate for a win, after the huge buzz around our new start I'm sure they all felt under pressure to get that first win. I have no expectations this season from them it's just great to watch a team I believe in again. (But if they fancied winning the league I'd take it !!!)

Think this win should give the team the confidence mising from the other two league games, although for the first twenty minutes of the second half that factor seemed to have deserted them. The fighting spirit returned and they came up with the result.

"Upwards and onwards" as they say !.

Well that was interesting, but a win should help improve confidence. For me, midfield need to sort out their roles. Their all good players, just need to work as a unit. Well done to Adam Leake in goal, did well in his first full outing. This is a learning curve for players and supporters alike, but I for one am loving it.

Thought Lee Hendley made the difference when he came on. Brilliantly well-taken goal and some good work from him to set up the second. I hope he starts against Nelson.

Get the ball wide with the wingers and I am sure we will be ok, Teams I have seen don't look as strong down the lines as they do in the centre.

Reactions: Ben
Think we were a bit slack second half midfield couldnt get into the game and the players need to learn how to hold a lead but onwards and upwards

Back