• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

A small favour

Blackie, thanks for doing this. I did not know about your father in law. It is not always quick - my wife has had it over 10 years but it took them until last year to diagnose - but in all forms it is debilitating and bloody awful to suffer.
I am jealous of Maggie - I have had no response from the Weaver Vale candidates.
Sorry to hear your wife has it Richard, I didn't know it could go for so long as Rod's deteriorated so quickly we didn't really get study the illness in any depth. MND is little known and hopefully we can make more people aware of it.
Having lost my mum 10 days before Rod it was a rough time all round.
Let's hope this petition helps people have less worries at a time when they need to concentrate on their well being.

Last edited:
I did this because Nicki asked and (despite the political differences ) we should stick together. I didn't realise how this illness has touched people on here and it's opened my eyes. Heartbreaking post, Tez and Blackie. Sorry for your loss.

Political differences mean very little Kit - none of us (at least on here) are that disimilar really.

Better a Tory than a Wittoner! :scarf:
There was a wink in there Nicki, it disappeared in the edit!

I didn't realise how this illness has touched people on here and it's opened my eyes.

It feels like it's over-represented amongst our fanbase as it's not actually that common - hence late diagnoses as GP's just aren't picking it up. Stats say that your average GP will see a couple of cases during their years of practice.

For a non-league football link - ex Alty player Mark Maddox was diagnosed a few years ago - when he was 37. Now that really is heart-breaking. :(

Done. Lost a good friend and very popular member of our motorcycle club to this awful disease a few years ago. His decline as with others was very quick following the initial diagnosis.

Spotted a large MND campaign advert on the side of a couple of Bournemouth buses today.

Reactions: Tez
Done.

Hopefully all three of the Warrington South Candidates support it.

I checked today and our new Weaver Vale MP did not sign it (nor did the old one) but he has had an email asking for his general support and repeating the request.

Hopefully we'll see more movement when they can all get back to - or start their new - day job.

A couple from each of Tatton and Weaver Vale have signed up.

I was trying to keep it apolitical ;) however, it hasn't gone unnoticed by me or MNDA that barely any Tories have signed up. Single figures compared with c. 135-150 each for Labour, LD and Greens. Even UKIP has outdone them.

Maybe now the hoohah is over they can find the time to get round to it!! Once they work out that signing up will save the government money I'm sure they'll be all for it!!

Great support from those on here though - that's all we could ask and 1874 fans didn't let us down. :scarf:

Back