• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

A request for help.

SteveR

I Live Here
1874 Official
Jul 31, 2013
I appreciate that it is the close season and that many supporters are enjoying a well earned rest from football, however the clubs support of our community activities continues. In many ways this is one of the most important times of the year, the time when we get the chance to promote 1874 Northwich to the local community and put our club in front of a prospective new audience.
A number of exciting activities are planned, news of which will be given very shortly. However I am currently looking for help in 2 particular cases, both of which fall on 1 July 2017.
Firstly we are once more organising our presence at the Northwich Carnival. I appreciate that this event falls on the same day as our first pre season friendly and that supporters may find it difficult to fore go this first game in order to assist. But it is really important that we attend.
If you can help on the day, even just for a few hours in the morning to help set up it would be very welcome.
Depending upon the volunteers available we will be manning a display on the Carnival field and participating in the Carnival procession. Our participation in the Carnival does not go un-noticed.

Secondly, our friends at St Luke's Hospice have asked if any 1874 supporters would help as stewards at the Ladies Midnight Walk during that night.
The event is a 13 mile walk between Nantwich and Crewe. All Ladies, raising vital funds for the hospice, but they require gentlemen stewards to assist along the course.
If you can help at either, or both events please let me know and I will let you have details.

Remember our club is about more than football, we are a community club and without our community we are nothing.

Stephen Richardson
1874 Northwich Community Development.

Steve, happy to help set-up in the morning at the festival, and also help at the midnight walk, but would like to go to the game in the afternoon :) you have my number, just let me know....

Simon / Tony
Thanks, I will be in touch.

Back