• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

5th Birthday Celebrations

Andy

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jul 28, 2013
The 5th anniversary of the Club’s formation is fast approaching (I know where’s all that time gone?!)

I was wondering if the club had anything in the pipeline to mark such a special event?

We have home games either side of the “birthday” (15th November), these are:

11th Nov - Tow Law (Vase 2nd Round)
18th Nov - West Didsbury (League)

I think it would be good to really promote the Vase game as both a big cup game and a birthday celebration. Really try and get a big crowd in.

Great idea, Alan. Brings in young fans and families.

Further to that, lots of promotion on social media and posters around town?

Maybe offer special promotions? Everyone at the game has a raffle ticket to win prizes? Maybe a special 5th anniversary shirt and a season ticket for next season.

Just a few ideas.

Could have a small fun day in the hours before the game, football themed games and some paper based activities like word searches and design a football shirt (with the winning design being considered for a future home or away kit for us)

We could use our 5th anniversary to launch a new initiative '1874 kids match day experience' (or something like that) and incorporate some of the ideas above at all future home games, if you think about the typical match day experience for an older fan it pretty much involves the following:

1. Pay to get in (obviously)
2. Get a program
3. Get a 50/50 and or golden goal
4. Go to the club shop
5. Get something to eat/drink
6. Wait for game to start

For a young child this won't be that exciting so giving them something to occupy themselves with whilst waiting for the game to start would help imo

Last edited:
Back