• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

48hrs the new 95%?

Hi Nikki,

Sorry about the late response I was away at the weekend.

I appreciate your response and agree with what you say :)

The reason I don't attend is not down to just one person. To be totally honest I have got out of the habit of attending matches. I am very much still a Vic's fan (not supporter as I don't go anymore) and the idea of supporting a new club, especially one that is not in Northwich is difficult to entertain at this moment.

Having said that I wish all the best to 1874 and have an interest in their development, hence me coming onto the forum to see the latest news.

Regards

Nick

I am reminded of a chance conversation I had a few months ago with a longstanding Vics fan and now a co owner of 1874, he said...' I may not like or agree with every board member but I believe them all to be honest and trust them to do their best for the club'.

I think it is evident that the Board are doing a good job across the whole spectrum of running a football club, achieving our wider objectives and moving us forward.

I may not agree with or like everyone who works in Sainesburys*but it would not stop me shopping there!

* please feel free to insert any other organisation here.

Nick

Its important that we reconnect with 'disillusioned or lapsed ' Green football supporters such as yourself.

We need to recognise / understand what prevents you from 'sampling 1874'.

I would really appreciate your view on what would tempt you to join us for a game at Barton Stadium?

Thanks

Phil B

#close to announcing BAM2 ( third time lucky !).

As an ex-vics fan I am once again reminded why I don't bother going to watch either the 'original vics' or the new 1874. One run by an incompetent charlatan and the other run by a smug 'know it all'. As a board member of the new club if you are going to comment on something have the decency to back up the smug 'I know more than you' comments, or don't bother commenting at all.

I agree with the description of Rushe but confused with Nick's interpretation of 1874 ownership. There is no singular person involved in the running of 1874 Northwich FC, so find it hard to understand how and why Nick has come to the conclusion that the smug 'know it all' person posting under a psuedonym is on the board and running our club?

I'll also point out that this topic is posted under 'General Chat' including chit chat etc a definition of which is......
Small talk, chat, chatting, chatter, chitter-chatter, prattling, prattle, gossip, tittle-tattle, tattle, rumour..

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the response, I don't know the answer to your question :) I just spent the last couple of hours in the Stanley arms with two other ex Vic's fans and we discussed jr, 1874 and other things, all of which was great. But the best conversation was "what was your best Vic's trip"!!!! Every trip was talked about ( funnily enough not Wembley) but Yeovil and Nuneaton came up trumps. Perhaps that is the answer, history, friendship and pure and utter joy at watching your team home and away. Experiences not yet enjoyed by 1874, but in time ( and perhaps for the younger generation) plenty of these will come but for us older fans our memories lie with nvfc. As Nikki said in an earlier post 'why let one person stop you from watching your team" the trouble is with Vic's is they have had lots of "one persons" :(

Tony, i apologised in an earlier post as I thought the poster was on the board. I am not the enemy, I am giving my view. My view may be right or wrong but it is still my view and others have views (not all necessarily post on here). Some people are often seen as the front for an organisation even though they aren't necessarily the person in charge, the successful marketing of such an organisation is dependant upon the management of these people.

Where the "small talk, chitter chatter" etc is posted doesn't affect the message

Regards

Nick

Your dipolmatic reply is fully respected Nick and I agree that your opinions and views, right or wrong should be voiced as should those of the smug 'know it alls', This is something that 1874 encourages, differing views and opinions debated in a safe environment, correctly moderated and administered by the fans for the fans.

Can I suggest that if you want to know more about 1874 you'd be best browsing the other football related threads and topics rather than 'General Chat' which is often unrelated to our football club, its normally a place to have a moan, whinge, discuss philosophy, the meaning of life in general, fluffy bunnies (Old joke) and a place to throw in the odd rumour hand grenades now and again.

Nick,I know what you mean about old memories,I have many,like the one when I went to Dover and help them fork the pitch,the game was called off after 34 minutes.That was when I was proud too support my team,which I supported for over 60 years,but we the supporters were let down,not only by Mr Rushe but other people who ran the club(we all know who they were).I now support 1874,and I am enjoying my football more than I have for 10years,because the standard of football might not be as good,but because it's all about the club and not ego's,so give it a go I'm sure you will enjoy it,and also see some old friends.

I just spent the last couple of hours in the Stanley arms with two other ex Vic's fans and we discussed jr, 1874 and other things, all of which was great. But the best conversation was "what was your best Vic's trip"!!!! Every trip was talked about ( funnily enough not Wembley) but Yeovil and Nuneaton came up trumps. Perhaps that is the answer, history, friendship and pure and utter joy at watching your team home and away. Experiences not yet enjoyed by 1874, but in time ( and perhaps for the younger generation) plenty of these will come

We have some brilliant memories Nick! Nuneaton? Would that be big Jeff Forshaw, last minute Trophy game?!! :)

You've summed it up well. Talking Northwich history, enjoying great friendships and experiencing the joy (and often pain!) at watching your team. I had all that with my beloved Vics for 36 years (a mere novice compared to Toddy!) and never thought I could experience it again. But I have, and it feels marvellous!

I now have the pleasure of watching players giving their all, who enjoy a close relationship with the fans. Better than I have ever known. I have experienced great joy already, cracking games and wins but sometimes glory in defeat (Tranmere on Wednesday). Winning the Supporters Direct Shield was up there with the best of trophy wins with Vics. Away days are fab! We may not visit the likes of Oxford or Chester but the welcome we receive from the friendly NWCFL clubs has been amazing.

We talk Northwich memories all the time, with our long standing friends. No-one will ever wipe that away and we look back on most of our Vics history with pride. I often say that matchdays now, feel like they did at the Drill field. And it has been fantastic to see old faces back into the fold.

I understand and respect your feelings, the last few years being a green have not been the easiest and some will leave their local footballing experiences with Vics at the VS. All I can say is that, if you ever decide to give 1874 a whirl then I know you will be pleasantly surprised! And possibly hooked again! And remember...we have Birties!! :)

:scarf:

Lets not forget we won The Cheshire League the first and only time when we beat Tranmere Rovers Res 3-1 at Prenton Park(Tommy Brown scored 2 pens)I was there that day.I will never forget the joy when we were told that Hyde United had lost 3-2 at Chester Res.

Back