• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

48hrs the new 95%?

It's just Twitter adding the location of the Tweeter

It'll be in the news soon, I would hope ...
But I don't expect it will change much.

As an ex-vics fan I am once again reminded why I don't bother going to watch either the 'original vics' or the new 1874. One run by an incompetent charlatan and the other run by a smug 'know it all'. As a board member of the new club if you are going to comment on something have the decency to back up the smug 'I know more than you' comments, or don't bother commenting at all.

I'll take a wild guess that the reference was to me, since it was posted after my comment. I am indeed not a Board member. I just have an ear to the ground and prefer gossip to appear as fact before passing it on. Maybe ask Jamie?

Hi Alan,

In no way was the comment aimed at you. You back up your statements with informed comment. My comment was aimed at Atticus Finch, apologies if this person is not a board member I thought he was. None the less my point still stands, the idea of a discussion board is to post comment and discuss one's and others opinions, if something is confidential or you are privy to privileged information then you shouldn't be discussing it on an open forum, if the information is in the public domain then why not follow up your comment with the information to allow others to form an opinion and discuss the situation.

This, I am going to give little snippets of information, to show I know more than others approach is annoying and hints at arrogance, smugness and a clique operating between key people within the club. It is not the first time I have come across this from certain individuals, before 1874 was even set up.

In my opinion if you have something to say, then say it and back up your comments with information, especially when asked by another member of the forum. Why should that member, or indeed others viewing the site, not be allowed to know what is going on, or are they not worthy?

No, I am not Jaime, nor am I pretending to be anyone else. I am a Vic's fan, living in Barnton who just happens to have an opinion.

Regards

Nick

I agree with Nick. Information should either be confidential - and there are good reasons why this sometimes needs to be the case - or it should be freely available to all.

Giving snippets of half information - I know something that you don't - doesn't really do anybody any favours. And I've pointed that out to Tez too!

This practice was rife on the old forum and mainly by people hiding behind pseudonyms. No wonder it took many people, me included, so long to see what a state Vics was in. If people - who purported to be Vics fans - hadn't always posted their latest news with such glee, it might've been easier to believe and we could've got to where we are now a whole lot sooner.

But I would also say, having issues with one individual isn't the best reason for choosing not to follow 1874. The club is run by a board - every one one of them a fan - every one of them on the board because the owners have voted them on and any one of them can be voted off if they cross any lines.

For anybody having issues with THE ONE person who runs Vics - well it's just tough luck. It's his club he does and will do what he wants.

There is a big, big difference.

Not quite sure how it will work in light of news in the link on another thread but to be honest I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

If that's the only reason you're not following 1874, maybe just take a deep breath and give it a go. What's the worst that can happen?

Last edited:
Back