• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

22 Years of Hurt is Over!

I don't think it was long after that when home international matches ended
Nope. They went on for several years after that. I recall travelling from Leeds - where I was a student - to Glasgow in May 85 to see us beat England 1-0, Richard Gough scoring the winner with a header. ????????????????

Nope. They went on for several years after that. I recall travelling from Leeds - where I was a student - to Glasgow in May 85 to see us beat England 1-0, Richard Gough scoring the winner with a header. ????????????????
The final tournament was played in the 1983-1984 season. The English FA had confirmed before it began that they wouldn’t take part in another one and the Scottish FA followed suit. It ended, somewhat appropriately, with all four teams on the same number of points. That meant that it came down to goal difference and the trophy was won for the final time by Northern Ireland, who finished top by a single goal. The Irish Football Association remain in possession of the trophy to this day

If memory serves me well, the decision was taken a couple of years earlier (1981 ?) against a backdrop of the NI troubles and increased international matches and competitions

Last edited:
as a number of people may want to relocate to Jockland as a result of independence .First Minister Nicola Krankie says applicants will be tested on if they will fit in
1.Be prepared to start a fight for no reason
2.Know the second verse of Flower of Scotland
3.Like Irn Bru
4.Have a deep fried Mars Bar for breakfast
5.Extra points will be awarded if you can understand or translate a Kenny Daiglish interview
6.Hate everything English
For further info contact the first minister on SeeYouNicola @Hotmail.com

Good job you celebrated as you never won the Rous cup again.
You should know by now Edge that the Scottish nation is well used to crushing disappointment. It is part of our psyche!

as a number of people may want to relocate to Jockland as a result of independence .First Minister Nicola Krankie says applicants will be tested on if they will fit in
1.Be prepared to start a fight for no reason
2.Know the second verse of Flower of Scotland
3.Like Irn Bru
4.Have a deep fried Mars Bar for breakfast
5.Extra points will be awarded if you can understand or translate a Kenny Daiglish interview
6.Hate everything English
For further info contact the first minister on SeeYouNicola @Hotmail.com
Virgil

I think that the Engerlish gammons have shown quite clearly that they are willing to start fights for no rational reason. Most - as we saw by various EDL marches in the summer- dont know the second verse of ‘God Save the Queen.

Back