• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 vs Marine - Saturday 11th September

Jack Owen

Too much time on my hands
Aug 4, 2013
We’re really going to need your support for this one. Please give the lads your full backing.

1874 v Marine, this Saturday. #COYG

Attachments

• 3072C66B-F03B-4F08-AE0B-3AC33F9132A9.jpeg
    3072C66B-F03B-4F08-AE0B-3AC33F9132A9.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 4
We played Marine in a pre season game - good side you will need to be on your mettle. A real test of where you are at

A much better performance today I thought.

Ash Woods worked his socks off upfront & Jakey was much more involved.
Two sloppy goals from a corner & a free-kick, both at bad times.

The substitutions made a difference leading to a period of pressure but only half chances.

As each game goes it looks like we're learning & improving. Tuesday is the next big test.

Must have been watching a different game to me Edge. Admit I wasn’t there last Tuesday but couldn’t see any improvement on the games against Runcorn and Lancaster. Produced practically nothing in attack for most of this game until substitutions but even then couldn’t see us scoring. Two sloppy goals given away but could have been more early in second half when Marine had 2 good efforts. Agree Woods did try really hard (as did most of the team) but alas no end product. However Jonah deserves much credit for his performance again. Big game on Tuesday now.

A much better performance today I thought.

Ash Woods worked his socks off upfront & Jakey was much more involved.
Two sloppy goals from a corner & a free-kick, both at bad times.

The substitutions made a difference leading to a period of pressure but only half chances.

As each game goes it looks like we're learning & improving. Tuesday is the next big test.
Agree with you Edge. Jake had his best game this season, the subs did make a difference and again we looked solid at the back. Effort and commitment was great. Just no cutting edge.

Win on Tuesday and things will look very different

On holiday so missed the game, but glad to read it was a better performance.

We were always very unlikely to win today at this point of our journey in this league.

Important game on Tuesday, sounds like a turn in the right direction today, hopefully we continue on that course on Tuesday

Must have been watching a different game to me Edge.
Just my opinion :)

I think since we've gone to Woolley + Ormrod in the middle we've looked more solid.
We need to move the ball quicker as we get caught in possession too often, but again I think that's improving.

Looking at the league table we've had a tough start but we're learning & improving.
A couple of new faces & a couple back from injury & I reckon we'll be fine.

Yes we need to take into account who we were playing. They were much better than us, but did not overwhelm us.

The first goal Tony was being held by their No.11 who was a pain all game at dead balls and the second was an easy cross with a good header to finish. I thought Jack and Jonah at the heart of the defence were excellent today and Jake was more involved but he needs to be up close to Ash.

We still have big players to come back but still the lack of chances is concerning. At one stage in the second half the ball came out from defence to Ash and there was nobody within 20-30yds of him. Don't know what he was supposed to do?

One noticeable change was the goal kicks. We hit them long each time which is completely the opposite to normal play out. It did relieve pressure but they need to be varied. Long to the wings/short to full backs etc. Just nice to see us not always playing it short, which would have been catastrophic today.

I think we will be fine this season as the players really did try hard today against a really good team and shouldn't be too despondent with the result. It is clear that this league is shaping up now but some of the results today were surprising which proves apart from a few most teams are beatable.

See everyone soon and keep the faith!

Improved performance today against a top side. Tuesday is massive now, last midweek game this year then games few and far between. Maybe this will help us a little as I think one or two lads are really struggling with fitness. A couple of surprise results today, maybe some of the teams around the bottom have strengthened which worries me slightly. I’d like to see a couple of fresh faces to be honest, survival in this league is crucial this season to enable us to keep moving forward on and off the pitch. I think it would help us if we looked into the loan market say from local National league north clubs….they all can’t play and there must be one or two that are hungry for game time…just a thought. COYG

Improved performance today against a top side. Tuesday is massive now, last midweek game this year then games few and far between. Maybe this will help us a little as I think one or two lads are really struggling with fitness. A couple of surprise results today, maybe some of the teams around the bottom have strengthened which worries me slightly. I’d like to see a couple of fresh faces to be honest, survival in this league is crucial this season to enable us to keep moving forward on and off the pitch. I think it would help us if we looked into the loan market say from local National league north clubs….they all can’t play and there must be one or two that are hungry for game time…just a thought. COYG
All well and good to say that we need a few “new faces”, but even before we consider this we need to know where change is needed and why.

Secondly if we do bring others in, are they going to add extra quality than we’ve already got, will they fit in with the way Bo and Goody like to play, do we have the £ to bring them on and how might this affect the balance, equilibrium and morale of the side.

Easy throwaway remarks - born of genuine concern for the club I fully concede - but if we do bring in new players then they have to be the right ones

Back