• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 v Prescot Cables v climate change

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Updates from this afternoons fun in the sun will be in the chat room.

A clean sheet , a decent gate & a point to open the league season in an oven.

Ellis Allen looked really good. He commanded his box, quick of his line & a top save. I can't argue with him getting the Waitrose Man of the Match award.
Sam Adetiloye put in a good cameo as well. He looked like he could be pushing for a starting place soon.

And it was bloody hot & the pitch was like concrete which made passing the ball or knocking it long pretty difficult.

Not a bad game considering the heat. Fair play to both teams.

Looked solid at the back, more so than last year. Thought all the new players had good games.

Reactions: Ben
Still not happy with the sole player up front and a seemingly lack of proper strikers but on a day like today it must have been hard playing in that heat and on a bone hard pitch.
I was impressed with our keeper who seems to have a good awareness of the game and positioned himself well.
Also the nos 4,5 and 6 had good games and overall it was a decent effort defensively.
It was a good job however that Prescts forwards can’t shoot - they must have 6 or more very wayward shots in first half. Better teams might not be so kind.

Thought we did okay today. A fair result in a closely fought contest in very hot conditions and on a tough pitch. A point isn’t a bad way to start the league campaign against a solid side. Not a bad gate either.

Defensively we did look very solid. Once again I was very impressed by Buckley at left back and Fenton Green in the midfield, while Adetiloye looked good when he came on and agree with Edge that he could be pushing for a start. Ellis Allen was great in goal also and produced a top save at the end. Thought Broe looked solid at right back when he came on also and put some good balls into the box.

All the new signings did very well which bodes well for the rest of the season and looks like we have more options than last year. On to Kidsgrove on Tuesday and hopefully our first win.

Agree with all of the above
I think we need a bit more up top, Ask Woods looked sharp when he came on and may be a better starting option than Jamie.
A long way to go yet, but think we should be OK

Reactions: Tez
A good game to start the season which could have gone either way. Hard in the conditions but kept us entertained.

Liam at full back again outstanding and I would give Broe and Adetiloye a start on Tuesday both impressed me. Things are looking good, much better than last week.

Ellis is giving the management a good headache. It could be a tough decision when Big T returns. He was decisive and commanding yesterday and pulled off a great save towards the end. He will be busier I suspect on Tuesday and I am sure he'll warm to that.

See everyone Tuesday.

Couple of other things. Great send off for Brian, choked again! He was a great friend.

Also I see not many went into the FanZone at Macclesfield as they charged an extra £4.00 to enter. The other bars were apparently rammed. I see now they have dropped the extra charge!!

A good game to start the season which could have gone either way. Hard in the conditions but kept us entertained.

Liam at full back again outstanding and I would give Broe and Adetiloye a start on Tuesday both impressed me. Things are looking good, much better than last week.

Ellis is giving the management a good headache. It could be a tough decision when Big T returns. He was decisive and commanding yesterday and pulled off a great save towards the end. He will be busier I suspect on Tuesday and I am sure he'll warm to that.

See everyone Tuesday.

Couple of other things. Great send off for Brian, choked again! He was a great friend.

Also I see not many went into the FanZone at Macclesfield as they charged an extra £4.00 to enter. The other bars were apparently rammed. I see now they have dropped the extra charge!!
In my opinion the main problem in the defence was cleared by the alleged second string choice perfomance yesterday, not only mine but many others also.

Back