• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 TV, is it dead ??

Trevor

Legend
Aug 7, 2013
i was wondering if we are still recording the matches as have only noticed someone with a camera very rarely and there is no proof on YouTube at all. I asked at the end of last season if it was ok to be told it was still going to be happening but it doesn’t seem the case.

I would struggle to do it myself as would have to sit down while filming which I think would be a problem, also I have been banned from editing by my better half as she says I panic with any deadline as hate to be late doing anything and become very grumpy . I could try to persuade her though if it’s the only way as miss the games to watch again.

I would be happy just seeing the goals, but I understand that this is work for someone.

Was watching back from few the old games that are on YouTube the other day was very good work Chris did but of course it's also time consuming.

Filming and editing the match was (as Chris explained at the time) very time consuming - and stopped him being able to enjoy the game. We did purchase a goal cam from Forum advertising profits (which is a bit less work for someone), but this was as I understand it withdrawn from public view during the cup run (to stop opponents gaining a tactical advantage??). I don't however know why this hasn't now resurfaced to give us at least that angle on any goals scored.

Would it be possible to see if any local college students could do this for us as work experience

Folks

It's not quite dead, but we are just doing things a bit differently this season. And we've had a hiccup with IT!

Chris has done such a sterling job over the years, to bring match highlights and goals. It was a huge commitment, from filming and then downloading and editing. I know everyone appreciated what he did, massively.

This season, Bow & Goody wanted to be able to receive more analysis on our games. We advertised for a Match Analyst and Sam put his hand up. It was also felt that at times, we may give our opponents an advantage, by showing certain highlights so it was decided that we would perhaps limit what we were doing. We bought some new software that would give us the analysis/stats and it was hoped that it would produce something for supporters.

Anyway Sam has filmed many (not quite all) of the games and has sent footage off to our management team. We are just in a settling down period and unfortunately we are also experiencing a few IT issues but hopefully when resolved, we can at least put some goal highlights out etc. Whilst not giving too much away to our opponents!

Hope supporters understand and appreciate where we are at. And hopefully in time, we will have something to look back on.

I understand that you wouldnt want future teams to benefit from watching us, but could we not have a private club for 1874 so the people from afar and others take can't make it have a chance to see our fantastic team more often. I have been banned from offering my help but would be willing to work on that if needed. We all miss 1874TV :-(

Back