• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 Stadium Name

The fans ground gets my vote just ahead of 'The New' Drill Field

We are '74 ...... We are '74 !!!! ...... Nothing to do with the Drillfield, old or new. Our only connection is as former fans of a club who are fast becoming a distant memory (programmes, *shirts, newspaper cuttings all packed away to the depths of a cupboard), albeit a fond one. We're a new club with our own identity, and as such any new ground deserves its own name; it would be most disingenuous gesture toward the work of club officials and fans to suggest anything other.

*on the subject of shirts, a couple of them were donated to kids in the Lake Victoria region of Zambia. Hopefully they got more wear out of them me; there was certainly plenty of room to grow into them!!

The Level One Computers stadium or something similar will do :)

Don't like the New Drillfield idea would be linking us back to JRFC need our own ideas as supporters for this magnificent club we have

A few questions re: ground

Who is the point of contact for the ground committee? How is the ground committee formed? Can members apply to join or are appointed board members only involved?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tez
A few questions re: ground

Who is the point of contact for the ground committee? How is the ground committee formed? Can members apply to join or are appointed board members only involved?
Anyone able to answer?

Ash I would say that the POC was James woods but that's a calculated guess
The grounds committee is formed by board members HOWEVER if you have anything to add or help I'm sure they would be interested

I'm pretty sure James Wood is the board member responsible for the ground committee.
Not sure who else is on the committee though.

Ash.

James is the Stadium Committee Chairman and I would suggest that you contact him or Paul Stockton who is the Club Chairman.

The Stadium Committee is made up of the following; James Wood, Paul Stockton, Andy Dignum, John Stiles, Phil Burgess and myself. As you can see this is made up of both board and non board members.

Back