• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 7 (Seven) - 0 Market Drayton

Andy

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jul 28, 2013
Absolutely superb today.

The formation worked so well, so good to finally see 2 upfront, Reed and McGowan work so we’ll together.

Koral was fantastic coming forward too.

Hope they stick with this system. Best performance for a long time.

Some clinical finishing but Taylor could easily have been sent off for the lunge that got him a yellow.
Matty Fenton loves a header doesn't he? Great delivery from Cal for Matty's goals & not a bad strike for his goal either!

Up to 11th with the chance to climb higher next weekend . A 3rd straight clean sheet as well.

And the goals from @BDavies211

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

https://www.facebook.com/100075498463229/videos/679168309960815/

Sadly the 7th wasn't captured by Ben. Hopefully VEO will have it.

Apart from the scoreline the two things that pleased me most were having two forwards together and the form of Matty Fenton who looks a real prospect.
The whole team played really well against a side who are having a poor time at present. Though I have to say MD played some decent football in the middle part of the pitch. They were just poor in the two areas that mattered.
I do disagree with the management regarding Taylor at left back though as he still makes rash tackles and was fortunate not to be sent off today. Think that’s 5 yellow cards now in that position. It’s not that I think he’s been poor he just needs to cut out the bad tackles. A sign for me that he struggles at times at left back. A much better prospect as an out and out winger imo.
Won’t be at Kendal unfortunately so will hope for another good performance and look forward to a tough game on Bank Holiday Monday.

Absolutely superb today.

The formation worked so well, so good to finally see 2 upfront, Reed and McGowan work so we’ll together.

Koral was fantastic coming forward too.

Hope they stick with this system. Best performance for a long time.
I’ve been saying we should play 3-5-2 for some time now as I think that it suits the players we have.

Having said this, we need to remember the opposition we were playing.

But a great win and our record home league victory ????

A clinical performance from the team. Some good goals. Cal Gardner’s has to be a goal of the season contender to go with his strike at Kidsgrove. Market Drayton were poor opposition but it’s still a great result for us. How good was Matty Fenton? Three headed goals from corners already. A real prospect indeed.

The 3-5-2 formation is something we should persist with, having Jamie and Scotty as the front two and attacking wing backs. No coincidence that we saw the performance we did with this change of system. We have the players suited to this.

Onto Kendal next weekend and we now have a great chance to secure a top half finish in the remaining games. An admirable effort in our first season at this level which I’m sure all of us would have taken. COYG

Last edited:
Matty's second from the other side.

Good clinical performance although against a very poor side imo, Matty Fenton looks a class player and I thought that Calum Gardner had a really good game as well as surely the goal of the season, the 3-5-2 worked well though I think that we can't take to much from that particular game due to the strength of the opposition so would like to see use that shape against tougher opposition to get a more accurate assessment of whether it would work for us moving forward

I really enjoyed the game on Saturday -well worth the 500 mile round trip; it was great to see everyone after a two year break. Hardest part was picking the Man of the Match as all the players had a good game. On balance I plumped for Matty Fenton as his headers were top draw; apologies to all the other scorers . There was a case for loads of Man of the Match awards. What a great day to see seven quality goals ,each one apparently better then the one before. Culminating in that cracker from Calum. I look forward to some more sponsoring in the future . Again , thanks to everyone at 1874 for a memorable day out.

Good clinical performance although against a very poor side imo, Matty Fenton looks a class player and I thought that Calum Gardner had a really good game as well as surely the goal of the season, the 3-5-2 worked well though I think that we can't take to much from that particular game due to the strength of the opposition so would like to see use that shape against tougher opposition to get a more accurate assessment of whether it would work for us moving forward

Agreed that we should of course take in to account the opposition, but for reference earlier in the season against them playing 1 up front, it was a less convincing 1-0 victory

I really enjoyed the game on Saturday -well worth the 500 mile round trip; it was great to see everyone after a two year break. Hardest part was picking the Man of the Match as all the players had a good game. On balance I plumped for Matty Fenton as his headers were top draw; apologies to all the other scorers . There was a case for loads of Man of the Match awards. What a great day to see seven quality goals ,each one apparently better then the one before. Culminating in that cracker from Calum. I look forward to some more sponsoring in the future . Again , thanks to everyone at 1874 for a memorable day out.
Good to see you again Chris, it was a great performance from the lads. My cousin Tony Riley attended the game (Leicester based)for the second time this season, the 1st resulted in another 7 goal performance against Mossley. He is wondering if the Club's finances can stretch to covering his travel expenses for all home games with him being some sort of lucky talisman.

Good to see you again Chris, it was a great performance from the lads. My cousin Tony Riley attended the game (Leicester based)for the second time this season, the 1st resulted in another 7 goal performance against Mossley. He is wondering if the Club's finances can stretch to covering his travel expenses for all home games with him being some sort of lucky talisman.
I'll go and pick Tony up every game!!

Good to see Tony and you Chris. Love how we have such good people, supporting from afar!

Great performance on Saturday, evidence of how far we have come since we played MD last August. We can sit back proud of our achievements over the next few weeks and then start the engine up for next season in what will be a stronger division. Already looking forward to it ….hopefully the added interest of Macclesfield and Witton? will boost our home support and get people talking about the town’s current most successful football club…..COYG

Back