• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 1-1 Newcastle

Jack Owen

Too much time on my hands
Aug 4, 2013
Beat performance for a while.

Especially after the change of shape in the second half.

Only one team wanted to play football and actually attempt to win the game, great header from Matt Woolley on his 300th game to get a deserved equaliser.

Attendance was poor, but with our recent form and the CL being back on TV, I knew it’d be down.

Last edited:
Beat performance for a while.

Especially after the change of shape in the second half.

Only one team wanted to play football and actually attempt to win the game, great header from Matt Woolley on his 300th game to get a deserved equaliser.
Agree. What ought to be recorded was the contempt shown to the paying attendance by Newcastle's no 9 when leaving the field on being substituted. 1) He should have exited via the nearest touchline 2) his "speed" of exit was pathetic (clearly a time wasting tactic) and 3)stopping to roll down his socks with about 15 yards to the dug out was again clearly designed to waste time and infuriate the home fans. Why can't the officials see what is obvious to the fans and apply appropriate sanctions. Maybe extreme but, I'd have issued a red card for his obnoxious behaviour.

Agree Jack we more than deserved the point and probably all 3, yes the attendance was really poor and man u had finished when we started, thought we would pick up some new support in this league but this isn't happening, Newcastle probably had 15 max so thats less than 180 greens and only 220 greens v's Marine.
I think we need a goalscorer now and then hopefully when some of the injuries clear up we will be ok.
It was great to see how the lads stuck at it until the end.

Good solid performance last night against a team at OUR level in this league. The least we deserved was a draw which felt like a win in the end given the timing of Matt’s header. Agree that we’re lacking a goal scorer given those excellent crosses into the 6 yard box last night. Hopefully we can pick one up before those important league games in October against the teams in the bottom half. Disappointed when I heard the gate announced last night…a 30% drop from Saturday although it didn’t look a significant difference. Champs league didn’t help, a dozen or so from Newcastle and on the back of 2 home defeats. The away support has been disappointing so far, Marine highest so far 40-50. We can take 150 to Clitheroe, Lancaster and Runcorn and 120 to Market D…..yet can’t break 300 at home….strange that. Maybe October will bring a few more back…COYG

A better performance last night that on the basis of the chances we created merited a win. It really was a relief to score at the end and get a draw against a side around us and hopefully go from there now. However I do think we’re lacking going forward and it’s going to be a real struggle without signing a replacement for Scotty. If we can sort this out I think we’ll probably be okay.

In terms of the attendance, it was very poor. Most teams in this league get higher and fellow fan run club Linnets are getting large crowds every game.

Don’t know what the reason is for that but winning sides do inevitably pull in bigger crowds which is something we were doing more often in the league below.

Last edited:
To be fair our gates are better than a number of teams below us. We need to find a way of increasing our support though and attract those missing fans. Maybe Covid is still having an impact….COYG

Attachments

• D963BAC5-7171-4F0B-BF6F-D8A7D978AD40.jpeg
    D963BAC5-7171-4F0B-BF6F-D8A7D978AD40.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 19
To be fair our gates are better than a number of teams below us. We need to find a way of increasing our support though and attract those missing fans. Maybe Covid is still having an impact….COYG
And don’t forget, unlike many other clubs, we don’t count season ticket holders who - like me and at least 6 more I can think of - didnt / couldnt make it

Again was away and missed the game, but glad it sounded like another improvement.

Had a tough run to start the season, and a couple of tricky games still to come, but after that a run of games you feel we have a better chance of, and a good opportunity to kick start the season abs build some confidence.

I forgot to post this the other night

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back