• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Friends of Griffiths Park

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
As you might be aware there are plans to build on St John's Field in Rudheath.
Currently, some of our junior teams play there.

There's a Go Fund Me page at https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-st-johns-field

Developers are proposing to build 46 houses and apartments and a 66 bedroom Care Home on St Johns Park. This playing field has been a community asset for over 100 years and we urgently need your help to save it!!!
It provides open space for everyone, whether that's to play sports, walk your dog, meet up with friends or to enjoy the park with your children. It also is fantastic for wildlife and during covid it was a safe space for many of us to walk and enjoy being outside.

As you might be aware there are plans to build on St John's Field in Rudheath.
Currently, some of our junior teams play there.

There's a Go Fund Me page at https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-st-johns-field

Developers are proposing to build 46 houses and apartments and a 66 bedroom Care Home on St Johns Park. This playing field has been a community asset for over 100 years and we urgently need your help to save it!!!
It provides open space for everyone, whether that's to play sports, walk your dog, meet up with friends or to enjoy the park with your children. It also is fantastic for wildlife and during covid it was a safe space for many of us to walk and enjoy being outside.
Edge - ive drafted a letter of objection that I’ll try to share on here later this week. But in short, the application runs counter to both Para 99 of the NPPF (National Planning Policy Framework) and several of CWaC’s own policies (mainly SOC6) as set out in CWaC’s published Local Plan. On these grounds alone the application ought to be refused.

There is no doubt that more affordable houses are needed, as are care homes (we have an ageing population) but not on Griffiths Park, or indeed any green open space!

#rightsolutionwronglocation

Edge - ive drafted a letter of objection that I’ll try to share on here later this week. But in short, the application runs counter to both Para 99 of the NPPF (National Planning Policy Framework) and several of CWaC’s own policies (mainly SOC6) as set out in CWaC’s published Local Plan. On these grounds alone the application ought to be refused.

There is no doubt that more affordable houses are needed, as are care homes (we have an ageing population) but not on Griffiths Park, or indeed any green open space!

#rightsolutionwronglocation
The club will be lodging a formal objection to the proposal (our U14’s boys side played there yesterday) and we’d urge all fans / members to do the same. Hopefully we’ll include a standard objection letter included in the next newsletter that you might use / adapt to send in your own objection. But fyi objections needs to be submitting by 28 February

Could Griffiths park be a site for a community stadium with a 4G pitch?
Gary - the whole reason there is such a campaign to prevent it being developed is to retain it as a green space that is available to all to access at all times.

Building a community stadium there would completely cut across this principle.

In addition, much like the current application submitted by HBV, it would not meet the requirements of the NPPF. Local plan or CWaC’s playing pitch strategy.

And fyi we dismissed this site as a possible future home for 74 when we did the analysis of potential sites back in (if I recall) around 2016/17

Back