• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Avro 2-0

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
We scored, but didn’t
And started the second half too late

I think

An improved performance I thought today particularly 1st half.
However we still have a problem in attack. Too slow going forward and not enough threat for Avros keeper who didn’t have too much to do.
Unlucky not to be given a goal in first half when the ball came down off the crossbar and seemed to go over the line. But AVRO had several good chances and may have been well ahead by half time if it hadn’t been for young Shorthouse in goal. He looks a fine prospect and for me was our man of the match again.
A poor goal to give away early in second half through lack of concentration and I’m sure the second was well offside as I was right opposite. The linesman was not up with play for much of the afternoon.
Having said all this AVRO looked a decent team and have had a good first season at this level.

According to the NPL results the crowd was 250. Really? It looked a lot less than that to me, and all things considered I thought we had a good turnout again.

We started well, hitting the bar after less than a minute. Matty Fenton's long throws have been brilliant in recent weeks.

His long-range effort was definitely over the line.

We didn't start well in the 2nd half at all, conceding a soft goal after 40 seconds.
Their second was offside.

Shorthouse made great saves (again) but we rarely threatened.

I'm optimistic for next season with the coaching appointments seeming shrewd.

Hang in there, the season is almost over...

Back